Caesar Guerini

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many english pounds are you requiring for this then? You can PM me if its easier...

I had a few shots on DTL the other week with a high rib 30'' Impact, superb. I would really like to borrow one and put a few rounds in on UT and OT to see what it is like on demanding targets because DTL could be hit with my skeet gun so no test but it felt very sweet. Very tempted to do a deal for one and move on my 682 gold E X Trap HR

I have heard that they do not stand the test of time and are prone to break but have never actually heard anyone say it has happened to them, all hear say.

I liked it very much.

Phil

Phil,

Very interesting that you have heard they are prone to breaking, so have I . But never met anyone who has had a broken one or anyone who knows someone who has broken one.

Early ones did have an issue with choke tubes seizing in, but they were rectified immediately by Guerini free of charge and have not been an issue since.

I have a B. Rizzini which was probably a forerunner to Guerini It was made using Brescia Co-0perative parts as so many still do including Beretta. My gun is forty years old, was used a lot with 32 gram cartridges  (thousands) and is still like new.

I think the rumours of CG reliability are possibly wishful thinking by competitors in the guntrade.

Phil,

Very interesting that you have heard they are prone to breaking, so have I . But never met anyone who has had a broken one or anyone who knows someone who has broken one.

Early ones did have an issue with choke tubes seizing in, but they were rectified immediately by Guerini free of charge and have not been an issue since.

I have a B. Rizzini which was probably a forerunner to Guerini It was made using Brescia Co-0perative parts as so many still do including Beretta. My gun is forty years old, was used a lot with 32 gram cartridges  (thousands) and is still like new.

I think the rumours of CG reliability are possibly wishful thinking by competitors in the guntrade.
Hi Salopian just to add - I purchased my CG during February 2007 and have shot approx 5000 shells a year since then, having put c30K shells through mine I have not experienced a single problem with it. (My gun is a Summit 32"). Prior to owning this I owned a Beretta 682 Supersport with 30" ported barrels, which had two ejector and one of the hammers shear, notwithstanding this a great handling gun. Back in 2007 when I decided to convert to 32" barrels I tried the CG which handled very similar to supersporter, my mind was made up & I haven't looked back since. Back then C&G reputation was not too good I'd heard rumours that their guns were literally falling to bits after a few months use. Once again and finishing on a positive note my gun has been and remains superb, back then I paid £1450.00 for it (brand new) & looking at the cost of 2nd hand ones available in the market today it's not depreciated much (good investment) & has given me 6 great year's of shooting fun. :sarcastic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great guns, well priced and good to look at and to shoot. Giorgio Guerini is a great guy and its a company who never rest on their laurels and continue to innovate constantly.......

Latest posts

Back