Christmas has arrived early

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scbduke

Got the post those morning and expecting the normal rubbish and bills and find a letter from Thames Police with my SGC enclosed :)

Now the search begins .........

Great stuff now all you need to do is buy a nice gun, my suggestion a Beretta, Browning or Miroku they are nice well made guns and will last a life time if looked after properly. There have been plenty of bun fights on here about what constitutes a good gun for the starter but in the end one of these three is a great starting point either new or used you will get a great gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your in Luck,  

Last post from my end is the 24th, ;) :santaclaus:

T&C's apply

Thats subject to:

A.) placing an order 

B.) Meeting the qualifying terms and conditions ....   (That could be a tricky one ;)

C.) And having one in stock..

:santa:

Call me cynical but by a cheapish used gun straight away because whatever it is it will be wrong in six months anyway :)

Call me cynical but by a cheapish used gun straight away because whatever it is it will be wrong in six months anyway :)

But...still one of the big three, Beretta, Browning or Miroku...so you don't get ripped off when you trade it in.

Yes agree with skeet one of the popular ones as he says you won't lose when you chop it in approx 6 months :)

Ips you old cynic I am in my second year with the first gun I have ever had and I love my Lola May - get rid of the husband before I part with her. :)

+1 Sian still got my Beretta 687 bought TEN years ago and it is immaculate! Not saying I would not like another one though... just like to hang on to the old ones :)

Thanks for your comments, I've been thinking that a used Miroku/Beretta/Browning would be a good buy both in terms of a known name to trade in when the time comes and having looked at quite a number of reviews these three manufacturers they seem to be positive the majority of the time.

As this will be my first gun, can I ask if somebody can point in the right direction as regards getting advise on what "fits" me please - I see a lot of comment about gun fit and I'm not too sure what this really means. Having said I'd like something from the above three, if it's not feeling right then I'm happy to look at something else.

Final question (for now ........ honest), I'm getting a few bits together before buying the gun and I was wondering what's best for cleaning it - complete kits from somebody like napier or individual bits?

Your plan is good. All those makes come in different shapes and sizes, so its all about getting the sales person to have a look and hopefully advise that the gun about fits you. The precise art of gun fitting is not that important at this stage and cannot be done until you are standing and holding correctly, which won't happen until you have been shown, practiced and shot at least 5000 shells.

Again, the gun sales person should be able to run you through what to do with cleaning and what you need.

Just to re emphasise what Clever has said Go to a well respected gun shop and you will or should get good advice as to what you need. The thing about guns is that your mind keeps telling you to buy another because it will make you shoot better.... total bollocks of course but you will find yourself looking for another sooner or later :)

Just looked at your location. You are in luck, Doug Florent usually has a sale on around Christmas, Oxford Gun Company.

So as Clever says, get down there and get Doug or David to fit you with a gun you may buy, stay there and shoot 5,000 through it, make sure you are happy and buy it . Knock him down on price though because it will have had a lot of shells through it before you actually bought it. :haha:

Hi Guys, hope that all have had a good Christmas.

Just like to say thanks to Salopian :) took your advice as I was a member at the Oxford Gun Company I popped along today and had a chat with David and I'm now the happy owner of a Browning 525 30" (Sporter) - if I can I'll attach a photo.

post-2089-0-84069500-1388150393.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
Hi Guys, hope that all have had a good Christmas.

Just like to say thanks to Salopian :) took your advice as I was a member at the Oxford Gun Company I popped along today and had a chat with David and I'm now the happy owner of a Browning 525 30" (Sporter) - if I can I'll attach a photo.
Nice gun.

Now put a few thousand cartridges through it and enjoy it  :hunter:

Latest posts

Back