CRC (Campaign for Real Coffee) and more

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I was thinking the coffee/food would have a structured price, but at least we would then have a choice, instead of most of the time just having el cheapo offered up, this should not affect price per clay, catering in general is a separate issue.
Tru dat - Worsley sub-out their catering, which means that it's of a high standard, as the folks that do it make their living from it, so want to offer quality and choice to attract more business - and repeat business.

A1 Shooting Ground serve good Italian coffee, although a bit of away for you to go to sample it though!
Seconded! Down there today and got a double shot cappuccino for £1.80. Very nice, and that's coming from a coffee aficionado. 

I have one of these at home;

6200015531_d14762f190_z.jpg
Oooh! The Perazzi of coffee machines. What coffee do you like? 

Andy S, on 19 Apr 2013 - 20:06, said:

A1 Shooting Ground serve good Italian coffee, although a bit of away for you to go to sample it though!

Hmm 4.5 hour round trip, coffee sounds good though....

Oooh! The Perazzi of coffee machines. What coffee do you like? 
Yeah, and just like a Perazzi would be, probably more "gun" than I need right now!...running a secondhand Mazzer as well :)

Got a taste for Espresso in Rome...and once I realised Espresso could be so techy...I was instantly drawn in!

I do like milk drinks..Latte, Cap etc, so my ability with shots isn't hugely important...but I am getting better with it...most are certainly palatable.

I have some Central American 60% Arabica beans at the moment and batch of Dominican ones to try shortly.

You?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, the post has deteriorated into a bean fest, ok ok I'll go with the Magdalena from Betty's in Harrogate.

OMG, the post has deteriorated into a bean fest, ok ok I'll go with the Magdalena from Betty's in Harrogate.
Supports a worthy cause as well.  It is grown high up (tall coffee) by a tribe that was forgotten for some time.  They are selling the coffee to buy back land that was stolen when the Spanish had their way in Columbia.

Speaking of Bean fest....I have some German Lesbian Coffee to try too...given to me by a German Lesbian..she handed it to me,  rather than flicked it...

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend brought me some beans from Uganda. They are amazing. I sat with my face buried in the packet for ages. The brand is Good African and the variety is Uganda Espresso Roast. I think you can get the ground coffee here, but the beans have the edge. It's a combination of arabica and robusta, which is unusual for me as usually I detest any hint of robusta. I think it's just a really good blend. I get a supply once a year. I was on the verge of getting rid of the espresso machine before I got these beans. 

Betty's is the same company as Taylors isn't it? Taylors are my go-to brand for percolator and cafetiere coffee. Lazy Sunday makes my morning and the Rich Italian is perfect for after dinner. I use them in my Russell Hobs electric percolator from 1970. 

DSC04044-574x1024.jpg

I have a couple of these. They are great for plugging in before pudding and serving coffee after cheese when entertaining. My Dad puts them on a timer so we have coffee ready when we come home. 

The post seems to have dissapeared, I know it has gone off track a bit but, I'm sure with some positive suggestions we can improve our lot at the shooting grounds.

Latest posts

Back