Dirty Barrels

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen a guy shooting steel gamebore black gold 28 grams. They would dirty his barrels so much that he had a hard time getting the empty hulls out after a couple of hundred shells. This was in a browning BTW.
I’m shooting Express precision steel 28g 7.5 and find they dirty the barrels to a similar affect as standard cartridges.

I have always found gamebore to be a dirty cartridge.they seem to have more recoil too-to me at least.
I’ll second that. I’ve tried gamebore carts but they are heavy on recoil and mucky too. There’s lots of hype but not a lot of quality.

true, that IS annoying, I have been getting stuck empties from a recent batch of Lyalvale English Sporters although I have used thousands of these in the past and am not sure that the problem is caused by dirty barrels

true, that IS annoying, I have been getting stuck empties from a recent batch of Lyalvale English Sporters although I have used thousands of these in the past and am not sure that the problem is caused by dirty barrels

One of the guys that I shoot with had a lot of problems with English Sporters. Light loads which were depositing wads in the barrels of his gun. He ended up carrying a set of rods that I keep in my bag, to clear the barrels and finish the shoot . I believe the supplier exchanged the remainder for him.

I never had a problem until perhaps a year ago after the time they were bought out by Fiocchi coincidentally? they changed the "brass" which used to have Lyalvale on the back, now they just have two stars on the back, it's the brass that sticks.

Latest posts

Back