Does it work the other way?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 27 yards the standard size beads become bigger than a clay (visually) if you need to shoot straight at it and place the shot how would you do this and look at the clay ? 

Shot placement is modern day shooting and this comes from barrel awareness / looking and seeing it 

Surely even when the barrel or bead obscures the clay to the eye that is looking down the rib, with two eyes open you see the clay perfectly. This is particularly well illustrated with driven. One always loses the clay behind the barrels and rely on the “spare” eye. Shooters who have to close / block the non-barrel eye for dominance issues can struggle on driven with real lack of sight of the target. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you see the clay perfectly on a quartering shot you already missed it. Hence the top shots would place that shot and use the barrel way more than the clay. I speak with a lot of the top shots in the world on this subject and all of them agree on the subject that the barrel is the key to modern shooting 

Doesn't work with trap shooting though, does it?
Just came back from 10 days coaching with Olympic gold medalist in double trap and World Cup Olympic trap and he sees the barrel with crystal clear clarity so I would say it does work very well with trap 

he missed a target turned round and said I couldn’t find the barrel. This started the discussion 

went to the USA to work with the greatest Ata trap shooter and when I say point the gun at the target he literally uses the gun and places it on the target 

Those guys shooting from the hip must be using their third eye but seriously do whatever works best for you, try other ways also to keep it interesting

Just came back from 10 days coaching with Olympic gold medalist in double trap and World Cup Olympic trap and he sees the barrel with crystal clear clarity so I would say it does work very well with trap 

he missed a target turned round and said I couldn’t find the barrel. This started the discussion 

went to the USA to work with the greatest Ata trap shooter and when I say point the gun at the target he literally uses the gun and places it on the target 
Can I ask who was coaching who on what discipline   

Again a sport that cannot compare to shooting sports. 

shot placement and the barrel are the key to modern day shooting 

some birds you look directly at the bead and there is no clay 
Can you please explain what the heck "modern day shooting" is  ? ( apart from being 'sustainable ' !)

I seem to recall that some of the shooters of yesteryear were not bad shots either. Yes, ammunition has improved, but I do not see that there is any 'groundbreaking' difference in  breech loading guns.

You will note I included this year's in word SUSTAINABLE   !   🤭

Shooting is certainly not ''sustainable'' to a lot of people nowadays.

Back