Extended chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and that's just the way it is

Actually, I stole that from a guitar bbs many years ago.  The thread was in ref to pickups, necks, amps, etc.  I had a copy of it but sometime in the last several computers and os's I lost it.  The bbs itself is no more for a year or so.  I do kinda miss it.

As to Midway, I don't recall ever having done any biz with them but I could be wrong.  I'm sure that if I were Larry Potterfield I'd have way better things to do than putz around on the 'net hahaha

just sayin'

I have patterned many aftermarket chokes and measured their bores. A lot of this "hot center core" stuff is that they are NOT what they say they are. A 1/4 choke of many a make is slightly tighter. Muller admits that his chokes are in between! I tested some aftermarket chokes in LM (3/8) versus Beretta's flush LM in my DT11. The factory chokes had a more even pattern. Extended chokes are easier to remove and install, period. Aftermarket chokes are all about voodoo and are not very truthful about their constrictions and thrown patterns. Besides the S/S chokes upset your "moment of inertia" or gun feel with all  that excess weight at the end!

Henry 

and that's just the way it is

Actually, I stole that from a guitar bbs many years ago.  The thread was in ref to pickups, necks, amps, etc.  I had a copy of it but sometime in the last several computers and os's I lost it.  The bbs itself is no more for a year or so.  I do kinda miss it.

As to Midway, I don't recall ever having done any biz with them but I could be wrong.  I'm sure that if I were Larry Potterfield I'd have way better things to do than putz around on the 'net hahaha

just sayin'
The quote was used by news anchor Walter Cronkite.

I have experimented with long, short, extended, ported, wad strippers, titanium, stainless and anything else that choke manufacturers have put on the market. My experiments have been conducted with and without a pattern plate, over some 50 + years of shooting. However at longlast, I think I have the solution, I have fitted a back bored, wad stripping, titanium extra long extended choke in my top barrel on my 30" barrelled, back bored Miroku. In the bottom barrel I have the standard Browning/Miroku invector + choke. I now use this method for all my shooting. I can not say if it has improved my shooting at all really, BUT and the BIG BUT is,.............................................I now only have ONE black ring on me trainers !!!!!  

Extended chokes are very good for being able to unscrew them without the key, makes them easier to clean and occasionally swap while shooting. That's the only reason I got my briley's, nothing to do with pattern or shot string or any other mumbo jumbo. I could have the best pattern in the world but I still wouldn't go from C to AA because of pattern.

I have experimented with long, short, extended, ported, wad strippers, titanium, stainless and anything else that choke manufacturers have put on the market. My experiments have been conducted with and without a pattern plate, over some 50 + years of shooting. However at longlast, I think I have the solution, I have fitted a back bored, wad stripping, titanium extra long extended choke in my top barrel on my 30" barrelled, back bored Miroku. In the bottom barrel I have the standard Browning/Miroku invector + choke. I now use this method for all my shooting. I can not say if it has improved my shooting at all really, BUT and the BIG BUT is,.............................................I now only have ONE black ring on me trainers !!!!!  
Fantastic synopsis :preved:

Hey Gals (and Guys),

Just to add a further plus to the above method of choking, having discovered it today !!!!

If you are shooting DTL you can try and arrange the single rings to make up the Olympic Emblem, stops you from nodding off between shots !!!!!!!!!!

Hey Gals (and Guys),

Just to add a further plus to the above method of choking, having discovered it today !!!!

If you are shooting DTL you can try and arrange the single rings to make up the Olympic Emblem, stops you from nodding off between shots !!!!!!!!!!

How do you get the different colors?

Latest posts

Back