Films at bed time?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw there were no rules, 

if its a film that you reapeatedly watch then so be it :)

All i can think of is that Sian cant get any sleep, because one of the films on her list is always on the box at one time or the other

:santa:

I think you spend too much time in the seething metropolis flower. What with all the pushing and shoving and the competition for space you're a bit spikey for us rural folk. There was no offence intended, I was enjoying the list but if you want to be offended and go into a hissy fit then be my guest.
Ips is correct I particularly inserted the smiley face because I know you took offence with my comment regarding the unfair treatment I received from one of your refs - had he applied the rule to both of us and not shouted at me I would not have had an issue. I have never been rude about you or to you, I respect you for what you achieved at wylye and I did not go back because there was not an opportunity for me to do so. I am not going to talk about this event again and if you want to maintain I am someone who has hissy fits then so be it. There was no malice intended in my response about being sarcastic and I do have a tendency not to be able to stop when asked to list favourite things but I cannot help wanting everybody to be treated fairly and if you knew me you would know that.
Could we put this behind us please as I do not wish to be on bad terms with you. If you agree to this you will answer, if not then so be it.

Sorry Santa for spoiling your thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ips is correct I particularly inserted the smiley face because I know you took offence with my comment regarding the unfair treatment I received from one of your refs - had he applied the rule to both of us and not shouted at me I would not have had an issue. I have never been rude about you or to you, I respect you for what you achieved at wylye and I did not go back because there was not an opportunity for me to do so. I am not going to talk about this event again and if you want to maintain I am someone who has hissy fits then so be it. There was no malice intended in my response about being sarcastic and I do have a tendency not to be able to stop when asked to list favourite things but I cannot help wanting everybody to be treated fairly and if you knew me you would know that.

Could we put this behind us please as I do not wish to be on bad terms with you. If you agree to this you will answer, if not then so be it.

Sorry Santa for spoiling your thread.

I have no problem with a woman that likes to go on and on and on and .........................................           :crazy:

12 Angry Men

The Usual Suspects

Ronin

L.A Confidential

Pulp Fiction

The Sting

Blood Diamond

Crash

Taken

Blazing Saddles

National Lampoons Animal House

The Blues Brothers, American Graffiti and Ray for the sound tracks

Heat. Brilliant film but you must turn the sound up after the bank raid for the street shoot out. Awesome

Leon

Bourne trilogy

Etc, etc, etc

DT

DT

Shouldn't you have been half way to SC at 8-39, come on man you have practice too do.

NOTE

No use of smiley as not humour, but apologies for going off topic.

Just saying

Terry Gilliam's Brazil   a really terrifying film

A Clockwork Orange          Kubrick, says it all

Taxi Driver          well, c'mon - Jodie Foster

Clock work orange, seriously ?
love it - seriously.  So did a few others

Won[edit]

• Silver Ribbon (Nastro d'Argento) 1973 for Best Foreign Director - Stanley Kubrick (awarded by the Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists)
Nominated[edit]

Just goes to show how many people have seriously bad taste. What a load of absolute nonsense

imo of course :)

Just goes to show how many people have seriously bad taste. What a load of absolute nonsense

imo of course :)
You may have mistaken it for a documentary.  It was really just supposed to be a story.   :eek:   Although in recent times there have been reports of small bands of feral humans in the Detroit area seeking out and beating/killing old white guys.  I'm guessing not outraged cinema fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all they hype surrounding "clockwork" , i finally got to see it last year,

I wish i hadnt bothered,  what was the fuss about?  the scenes that were so controversial??

More Hype than anything else.!!

If you want controversial, try Romper Stomper or Man bites dog

Mart

I've seen several different emasculated versions so it's a good bet that one of those could be what you saw.  They prolly outnumber the originals.  Who knows?  The original first release I saw when new didn't seem all that controversial to me even then.  And that was way before the hype and scene cutting started.

Having said that, what was outrageous 30yrs ago is common on the tele now, including the news.  Burgess didn't really have to make much of a stretch even then.  No stretch at all now - everyday life

JMO of course

Charlie

Latest posts

Back