Get in my belly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

At long last I managed to treat myself to a new semi automatic rimfire after years of owning a super efficient but boring Brno bolt action. These are excellent at shooting rabbits but never inspiring enough to grab and go for some plinking for the fun of it hence my desire to get something else.

Recently I picked up a like new Remington Yellow Jacket 597 and today went for its first serious zeroing session :)  , just 1 FTF out of ten magazines full with CCI subsonics and it is awesome fun, didn't want to disturb the rabbits so kept the zero range very short at 25 yards but the signs are it is going to  make a very accurate rifle with just one or two small mods.

Even managed to bag two for the freezer. :bbq:

post-29-0-71567600-1396553456.jpeg

post-29-0-37945000-1396553491.jpeg

Attachments

• get-attachment-6.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-6.aspx.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
  • get-attachment-5.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-5.aspx.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I do like an evening of bunny bashing. I have a just ordered a CZ 455 in .17 hmr. We took one out around our place last summer and it was absolute poison on them out past 100 yards under the lamp.

My first rimmy was a Brno 10 shot semi. It was terrible at cycling the rounds. I much prefer my CZ 452 style.

Hammy, I don't have permission to view the files. Maybe that's the same for everyone?

I do like an evening of bunny bashing. I have a just ordered a CZ 455 in .17 hmr. We took one out around our place last summer and it was absolute poison on them out past 100 yards under the lamp.

My first rimmy was a Brno 10 shot semi. It was terrible at cycling the rounds. I much prefer my CZ 452 style.

Hammy, I don't have permission to view the files. Maybe that's the same for everyone?

Yeah it is!

Me too!

Go on Hammy, let us see them. Don't be shy!!   :sarcastic:

I got the Ruger 10/22 , great bit of kit ...just keeps on performing even with being chucked around in truck..

I don't have permission to view.is this the start of shoot clay censorship.
Perhaps it's VIP's only.

Hamster and Robert are both VIP's.

Is this a Shootclay conspiracy??    We need VIP privilages!  Are we being watched? Am I getting paranoid??  :biggrin:

I've pm'd Matt already, can't open them myself either which is very odd as I've posted loads of pics before. 

I can see them.

I wonder how it compares to a good Ruger 10/22?
I was loath to get a standard Ruger 10/22 partly because two mates who had them wouldn't group inside a tennis ball past 40 yards and partly because I wanted one that looked a bit unusual; the Rimfire Magics are nice but silly money if you only shoot them infrequently. The Yellow Jacket is right up my street for odd looks and was unreal value for money. 

Shame you can't see the pic of the group but I had several clusters into a ragged hole which is good even for such short range because it's almost impossible to take proper timed shots as it's just so easy to press the trigger in less than a second. :lol:

Because I can't see the pictures I G.oogled it.

Nice looking bit of kit Hamster. You don't do standard/normal do you?

Will your average be 10 shots per rabbit though? Easy to empty the magazine when you get carried away!!  :sarcastic:

Not sure what is up with those pictures...  am trying to figure it out. 

Never see a rabbit down this neck of the woods the froggies have scoffed them all :) I have a CZ silhouette 22lr for rabbits best .22 for the dosh and accurate considering the trigger ! I have a trigger kit for it but have never fitted it. On the bipod I just adjust my aim through the scope as I squeeze the trigger to keep it on target :) Oh how I miss walking literally 50 yards over the road shoot two for the pot then walk back and hang them in the garage overnight prior to skinning and scoffing ..........mmmm rabbit. They sell them in the supermarkets here but they are pricey (twice the price of chicken) and farmed :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back