Get in my belly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot and eat Rabbit.  We get together throughout the summer lamping on our place and next doors place, as well as some farming my neighbour has just the otherside of the village.  About 1000 acres in all.

We shoot clean and paunch them for £1 each at the game dealer.

Imagine my surprise when we ducked out of the office early and went for a few pints at Borough Market.  £8 each the butchers stands had them for.

Never see a rabbit down this neck of the woods the froggies have scoffed them all :) I
I love that!  Does the same go for Skylarks, Blackbirds, Thrushes, Sparrows etc. etc. or is that just old wives tales?  :biggrin:   And Snails!!!  That's just not right!!

Strange people The French???

[quote name="jwpzx9r" post="136253" timestamp="139661 Oh how I miss walking literally 50 yards over the road shoot two for the pot then walk back and hang them in the garage overnight prior to skinning and scoffing :(

I have recently been given a lovely little Walther .22 about the size of a kiddies air rifle, put my Swarovski on the top and found it to be extremely accurate ( probably more so than any other rim fire I've ever owned ) zeroed it in with high velocity Winchesters as not threaded for a mod, not to bothered, as noise is not an issue. I think it will be very usefull for thinning out this years crop of cubs when they start to show

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a good un mate, the 'yellow jacket' is a bit garish for my liking and i'm not a fan of semis for dedicated hunting (too noisy and temperamental), bolt for me everytime. Should be a bloody good paper puncher/plinker tho!

I'm in the middle of doing a little 22LR project with my 452 Style. Got a load more parts through the post this morning and my scope from the states is sitting in the local post office. Should be near enough finished next week if my hi-cap magazines from the Czech Republic turn up 

Should be a good un mate, the 'yellow jacket' is a bit garish for my liking and i'm not a fan of semis for dedicated hunting (too noisy and temperamental), bolt for me everytime. Should be a bloody good paper puncher/plinker tho!

I'm in the middle of doing a little 22LR project with my 452 Style. Got a load more parts through the post this morning and my scope from the states is sitting in the local post office. Should be near enough finished next week if my hi-cap magazines from the Czech Republic turn up 
I know what you mean by the noise factor but compared to friends 10/22 this new Remington is very quiet with subs, the bolt is definitely king for accuracy but I have so far been genuinely surprised by this guns groups and to be fair it's only a 50-60 yard rabbit tool and easily up to that level of accuracy with the benefit of silly fast follow up shots. :)

No experience of the Remi but glad to hear its a quiet one, as an unmodified 10/22 sound like a pump action at 2am in the dark   :)

An eye opener for me was the difference in zero between sub sonics and high velocity bullets, at a measured 60 yards the sub sonics were 12 inches lower than the high velocity Winchesters ( that I zeroed with ) I know the Winchesters are travelling faster but did not expect that much of a difference at that distance

An eye opener for me was the difference in zero between sub sonics and high velocity bullets, at a measured 60 yards the sub sonics were 12 inches lower than the high velocity Winchesters ( that I zeroed with ) I know the Winchesters are travelling faster but did not expect that much of a difference at that distance
This is an interesting observation but perhaps mainly because at 60 yards the subsonics are really beginning to lose velocity and hence will have a rather marked loop, if you were to say zero the subs so they were dead on at 40 yards and then shot HV at the same distance it would be unlikely that they'd be more than a few inches high.

Are you sure it was 12".I get about 3" difference between Winnie subs and Remington yellow jacket HV.

Are you sure it was 12".I get about 3" difference between Winnie subs and Remington yellow jacket HV.
Yeah absolutely sure, zeroed the subs (eley) to the mark ( half inch piece of insulation tape on A4 paper tapped to 2ftx2ft piece of ply)

Then tried the hv's ( Winchester super x xpediter ) result 12 inches high, wound the scope down so I could hit the mark consistently and was happy, then tried the subs once more ( result 12inches low )

I've had rifles for 25 years including many .22 rim fires and was amazed myself

Any clues on getting the two set of bullets closer together would be much appreciated, though will probably stick to the hv's

Latest posts

Back