Hamilton Gun Slip

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holianl

Has Anyone ever tried one, They look quite good but i am not sure if they are a bit over kill. 

slip-stand_61AC3D27_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shooting with a guy with something similar and thought it was great. He was an older gentleman who struggled to get around so it saved him bending down. I'm not old or unfit but I am lazy, I always end taking my gun out the slip on the first stand and then can't be bothered with putting it back in and taking out at each stand so end up carrying my bag, slip and gun around which is annoying.

I'm really tempted to get one but have seen them been mocked on here.

I was shooting with a guy with something similar and thought it was great. He was an older gentleman who struggled to get around so it saved him bending down. I'm not old or unfit but I am lazy, I always end taking my gun out the slip on the first stand and then can't be bothered with putting it back in and taking out at each stand so end up carrying my bag, slip and gun around which is annoying.

I'm really tempted to get one but have seen them been mocked on here.
For £85 i might get one and see what they are like. the black one looks quite nice if i am honest,

I see a few around and there are some considerations. For example, taking the gun out. I've had to ask someone to please avoid pointing their closed gun at people - in this case me -  when taking it out. Secondly they don't work well on sloping ground, muddy ground, snow or strong wind and believe me, you notice it when one falls over onto you.

Each to his own but I wouldn't have one as a gift.

I saw a lot of them around for a while - and then they seemed to disappear. They are not as manoeuvrable as a normal slip, and there were some toppling over issues.  YMMV. 

:lol: gun bag with a zimmer frame, they were out years ago, only the posh southern wimps I have seen using them !

think these are ok for old farts I am old but not yet an old fart.easier just to use a caddy

Look who has one :lol:

c48082c1-a00d-47b8-a93b-d5d0801b8d89_zps2lkgsjfb.jpg

I've had one for a few years now and I love it, not least because I tend to shoot at woodland sites that don't generally have stands: very useful when you need both hands and don't want to put your gun down in the mud, slipped or otherwise.

It's no more trouble to carry, or significantly heavier, than a traditional slip, and it's particulary good in wet weather. It HAS gone over a couple of times (literally once or twice) in high winds, but only without a gun in it. The two sites I generally shoot at can both get very muddy (one in particular can be positively Somme-like), but I can't say that's ever caused any problems.

It's dead easy to take your gun out of it broken - the zips open plenty far down enough to do so - so I'd reckon the problem Westward ran into was more with the shooter than the slip ;)

Just my two penn'orth; each to his own, I guess!

I keep looking at them and then say no you can't!

Feels like the shooting equivalent of a Zimmer frame  :lol:

Well, i`m near the zimmer frame requirement now,, so not too bad an idea !  preferably a quad  :cool: , but  transporting and load/unload the thing might be a problem, can barely carry the gun now, never mind the ammo,,,  sad,,,

One of the guns on our game shoot was given one by his beloved as an Xmas pressie.

The farm and woods our shoot is on can resemble the Somme after a little rain, consequently we walk to several drives and the going is difficult.

Said gun after struggling along with the Hamilton to a couple of drives left it in a hedge and picked it up on the way back to the gun bus. It has never been seen on the shoot again.

The general consensus was it was too heavy and cumbersome for a game shoot unless you were driving almost to your peg.

The Hamilton Gunslip is fabulous if you wish to make an insurance claim for a broken stock through toppling over .

Normally purchased and used by people of a low intelligence ( check that out :lol: )

I haven't got one or want one , before you reply.

only just seen this thread.

balltrap and I will be avin words ??

holianl

its a stupid looking thing and a waste of time, you are not old enough for such silliness and your not a southern Jessie. Kindly have words with yourself.

NOTE

the above is purely my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the forum or its employees.

no southern jessies were harmed during this post and no liability will be accepted.

guns in silly bag stands were parked at the owners risk.

For £85 i might get one and see what they are like. the black one looks quite nice if i am honest,
Nah, you are better off just getting someone to carry yer gun around all day     :angel: . 

The Instruction book for one of these things is a straight lift from a Morecambe and Wise deck chair sketch  !

Anyway, WHY have a slip at all  ?  It simply takes all the fun out of sticking your gun over your shoulder and trying to dish out as much damage to other shooters and their guns  !

Latest posts

Back