Hello for the Isle of Wight!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boocally

Hello! I'm Kath and I live on the Isle of Wight although I'm from the North Yorkshire Dales originally.I started shooting at about 14 and quickly got into clay shooting with my Dad and eventually my younger brothers joined in too. I started at the local club behind a pub then straw bale shoots and country fayres then I started to shoot regularly at Welbury near Northallerton. Then things really took off and I started shooting DTL, made reserve for the England Ladies Team in '89 (age 18), tried FITASC sporting, Olympic skeet, ABT but settled eventually with OT. Then I gave it all up and went out in the big wide world to earn a living! 20+ years later the Island Games were held here on the IoW and out of interest I checked the scores for the clay competitions and decided I could do as well, if not better and as they are being held in Bermuda in 2013 I thought I'd get my arse in gear, reapply for my SG certificate and start shooting again. I applied in July, had my inspection last week (yes I know!) and I'm now waiting to get the paperwork so I can do the 600 mile round trip to reclaim my guns from my parents house. In the meantime I've been shooting with a borrowed trap gun and average just over 95% at DTL at the IoW Gun Club. I'm planning to do the selection for DTL next year and the OT selection shoots, fingers crossed I can regain my old form! Anyone from IoW/Portsmouth/Southampton doing the same shoots and willing to car share please get in touch! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Hello and welcome. I have a pop at ABT at Fateham from time to time. Not yet classified for OT but it's in the pipeline

optima said:

Welcome kath,does the isle of wight have any shooting grounds ?
Hi yes it does! The main one is the Isle of Wight Gunclub near Godshill in the middle of the Island. They have registered DTL and Sporting also ABT and a new UT layout but not sure if they are registered. Sporting seems really popular, I have yet to shoot on a full squad for DTL. But it's great for practice, I'm trying to do a minimum of 50 birds every time it's open to get back in the swing of things!There are a few smaller shoots but none regular.

Welcome aboard Kath - any questions, please give me a shout.

Westward said:

Great to have you here Kath and well done with the comeback. Hmmm..95% at DTL eh! Will you promise not to take up sporting?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif
I used to shoot a bit of FITASC and the Christmas shoots at Hodnet were awesome, but due to limited money I'll have to concentrate on TRAP! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Welcome to Shootclay :)  95% after a layoff, wow!!  Hope your plans go well and you win at the island games :)  Jon.

Latest posts

Back