Hello from Cheshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SP Clay

Saying hello as a newbie, hoping to pick up lots of tips and hints and enjoying some of the forum topics already.

I shoot Sporting at the moment at the local CPSA comps, Kingsley moor, Catton, Fauxdegla and Shugborough 1x a week to get that classification better.

Hope to see you out at the shots, assuming I am not bankrupt soon!

Steve

Shooting 1 year

CPSA 6 months ( B class )

Practise ground Mickley Hall Nantwich

Saying hello as a newbie, hoping to pick up lots of tips and hints and enjoying some of the forum topics already.

I shoot Sporting at the moment at the local CPSA comps, Kingsley moor, Catton, Fauxdegla and Shugborough 1x a week to get that classification better.

Hope to see you out at the shots, assuming I am not bankrupt soon!

Steve

Shooting 1 year

CPSA 6 months ( B class )

Practise ground Mickley Hall Nantwich
Welcome :smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome hope to see some of you at Kingsley tomorrow and lets hope the weather will bring a few extra out this week.

Welcome aboard Steve - enjoy ShootClay - any questions, please let me know...

Hi Steve, sounds like we often shoot at the same grounds, how are you finding Kingsley moor ?

Shot there on Sunday and nicked an 80 :D But working hard with the new gun and lots of practise so still dropping silly shots. Sunday's shoot was good bar one stand simo pair x3 but it sent out about 7 no birds and I walked off with a 2 :angry: but its more the shooter than then stand (I think I was over leading). Overall the shoot was good and the weather nice - I don't have much experience yet so still learning - I tend to look at what the AAA lads shoot at the top and they are normally mid 90's and us B classers are between 85 and 70. So I think they get the balance about right.

Did you get there Sunday?

Its about an hour for me so try and get there on the first shoot each month and head for Catton Hall on the 4th weekend (so miss the Kingsley shoot - though I have tried both before with a pretty average result!).

Steve

Haven't been to Kinglsey for some time now, they seem to either do a relatively easy shoot, or a tuff one, the ground often to seems to be shooters boggy ground a bit like Doveridge, so your doing well to break 80, you must of been in the prize money with that ?

I'm B class like yourself, and it's the silly ones I drop that cost me more then a difficult stand in general.

I don't tend to miss Catton unless it's unregistered, Brett Winstanly shoot 100 straight again at the last one, so I expect the next one James will make somewhat harder. I shot an 85 which was a little disappointing, as a few silly misses cost me a score closer to 90, I still won my class thou so cant complain to much :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done on the Catton score and class win, still waiting to crack Catton but getting closer I tend to over lead so its a head game with me there but hoping for an 80 score this time round best yet is 73 after a 2 stand collapse that dropped me 10 doh.

The 80 got third so should be another £10 anything to make it cheaper.

A B class win a Catton must be worth a bit more though ;-)

Latest posts

Back