Hello from Dorset

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister B

Shotgun licence application been in 4 weeks with Dorset Police not heard a dicky bird. Is this normal.

Hi Mick, Welcome to ShootClay   :hi:  Enjoy your visits   :thumbsu: .

I am in Thames Valley and we are one of the reasonably lucky areas with many people getting their police visits in 4-5 weeks however there are some areas of the country that can wait many months for the same visit.

​I am sure someone will be along shortly to welcome you and give you a better idea of time frames for Dorset.

Welcome to the forum and Good Shooting!

Last time the renewal of my FAC and grant of my SGC took 3 months to the day - that's Devon!

Hi and welcome. Times vary wildly between different forces....2 weeks from start to receiving certificate, Suffolk Constabulary, excellent !

Thanks for the comments so far but i have money burning a huge hole in my pocket that has got Browning written all over it . seen and tried a beauty that will bound to be sold the day before I get a licence ....cheers

welcome Mick what part of Dorset you in?? :crazy:

Dorset normaly  takes about 12 weeks bless em>>

Hi Garry name is Les and I live in Bournemouth . I sent an email to them and they said it can take up to 6 months so I am not blessing em at all mate. Where do you go to shoot clays?

Welcome to the forum Les. My last cert was with me within 2 weeks, but West Mids have now merged with Staffs, so who knows how that's going to affect things.

Hope you don't have too long to wait. :good:

Hi mate, I'm in Dorset too, Garry2749 and I often shoot together over at Southern Counties, Rob Mulliner shoots there too. Have you had lessons or shot anything before? If you want to visit Southern Counties then let me know and I will meet you up there, it's a great shooting ground!

Thanks for the comments so far but i have money burning a huge hole in my pocket that has got Browning written all over it . seen and tried a beauty that will bound to be sold the day before I get a licence ....cheers
You could put a holding deposit on it or even buy it, you just wouldn't be able to walk away with it without your SGC.

Thanks guys. Would it help to ring her ? Thanks for your kind offer which I may well need to get an introduction. I have had A couple of goes before on corporate events and thought I would not mind taking this up one day. Friendly responses . Thanks

Might help to give a 'just confirming you have recieved it' call - that will put your mind at rest? 

Have confirmed they have received it and cashed the cheque and they have said it could take up to 6 months ...... I hope I have not lost interest by then.

Latest posts

Back