Hello from Surrey

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnasher

Been following shootclays on twitter for a few weeks then saw the logo on a skeet vest when sharing transport at the last day of the Classic yesterday. I overheard a conversation that said there was a forum too so I thought I'd join up and see what goes on.

I've been shooting for 10 years, occasionally well, mainly at Southdown, Bisley, Wylye, Caterham and Horne.

I love to do the big competitions but usually manage to sabotage a promising score.

I'm B class at present but might manage to get back into A one day.

I introduced my husband and his son to shooting. They both love it but are less competitive than me so I usually go to the majors on my own. Which doesn't bother me because shooters are such a friendly bunch of people that I'm always making new friends.

I'm interested in the psychology of shooting - because that's where it seems to all go wrong for me!

Any advice on how to disable the voice in my head that tells me it's about time I missed a few would be gratefully received!

Gnasher

Hey Gnasher - welcome aboard - that would have been me yesterday... any questions, please let me know.

Was it you with the Ipod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gnasher - welcome aboard - that would have been me yesterday... any questions, please let me know.

Was it you with the Ipod?
Yep. That was me with the ipod. One of the Classic officials told me while waiting to shoot the first stand on the red course that it was against the rules to shoot while listening to music. His argument was that I couldn't hear the ref. Well people with ear plugs that block everything out can't hear the ref either so that's nonsense. What if someones 100% deaf? They can't hear the ref either. He also said that it might be a radio transmitter and I could be receiving instructions from someone telling me how to hit the targets......I pointed out to him what an ipod was. I could have said that, even if I had George D whispering in my ear, it probably wouldn't help have helped me. He gave up on me eventually but did assure me it was in the CPSA rules despite the fact that noone has ever mentioned that on a CPSA shoot the last 5 years I've been using my ipod

welcome :D Interesting about the Ipod debate, I use Emtec noise breakers and they also do wired ones for musicians so they can hear the beat without blowing their ears out with monster amps and speakers, was thinking of getting a set made up to use with the ipod. Have to have a squiz through the rules ;)

Latest posts

Back