Hello from the East Midlands

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Carol,

Welcome to the forum and to clay shooting :)

I work at Nottingham Gun Club, we have loads of female shooters and are a very friendly welcoming place.

I'm in all day on Tuesday, give me a call at the ground and I will talk you through our normal process. If you like the sound of it we'll get something arranged.

Contact number is 01623 883798

Cheers

Julia :)

thanks for the very warm welcome and the good sense of humour xx no doubt me and Jackie will have a few questions as time goes by

have a ride over to orston gun club   you will be looked after  great facilities   and a nice glass of wine  ,    sound sensible advice to start with  makes shooting so enjoyable .  good luck and be safe .

Hi Carol and welcome - glad you enjoyed your first try at clay shooting.

Don't give up, but do take the very good advice on here to get at least a few private lessons. Getting the basics right will help you enormously and it will create even more enjoyment.

And don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck to you and yer mate  :nyam:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Carol, know what your going through, just got my sgc, If you and Jackie want a go with my gun which i'm getting this week you will be more than welcome just get in touch and i'msure something can be arranged

Well hello there.

trap is were its at, dont get involved in that sporting mallarkey they have no dress sense , you have to wear wellies and stuff and you will mess your hair up in a big way. Trap on the other hand can be shot with some rather dapper attire much more suited to a lady and we get to shoot under cover so no need for horrid looking wet weather gear. Trap shooting men are also way more attractive than there sporting counterparts, there scruffy unshaven beggars they are.

There will of course be no conversation Carol as they need to be totally in the zone.   :)  Don't cough either or drop your shells in the bin whilst the next shooter prepares to shoot and do not eject onto the floor.   :)  Joking trappies love you all.

Reactions: ips
Ha

sian, for the record i too am joking i have met some lovely sporting shooters lately :)

Frontal lobotomies are available for a fixed price here to enable trap shooting, please bring 1 x 42 gram 6 and a needle and Cotten

P/s my frontal lobotomy was reversed 3 years ago

Deershooter

Well hello there.

trap is were its at, dont get involved in that sporting mallarkey they have no dress sense , you have to wear wellies and stuff and you will mess your hair up in a big way. Trap on the other hand can be shot with some rather dapper attire much more suited to a lady and we get to shoot under cover so no need for horrid looking wet weather gear. Trap shooting men are also way more attractive than there sporting counterparts, there scruffy unshaven beggars they are.
So Ian. Trap shooters wear attire more suited for a lady.

Don't those stilettos hurt your feet.

We don't wear bright fluorescent orange gear.

Only bossed up is good enough for us.

We are not unshaven it's designer stubble.

Shoot under covet because they are all nancy boys.

Wellies messing your hair up. Strange what these Welsh do with wellies.

Keep an eye out for the IPS list.

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: ips
Well hello there.

You're slipping Ian!!!!  You didn't mention camo gear, autos or ANYTHING maroon!!!   :haha:

you men are all the same xx always naughty and confused xx centimetres for inches and seconds for minutes!! where would we be without you xx

Carol - good going finding this place.  Seems to me that Julia (right above) is clear path for you and GF to take.

One thing you'll find out RIGHT AWAY is that most everybody is way willing to "help out" the newbie with all kinds of advice.  Your most difficult task will be to politely listen and ASAP find a bin for whatever misinformation they may have imparted.  The Golden Rule of Shooting - free advice is worth pretty much what you pay for it.

just sayin' ..........................

Have A Great Time!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
Carol - good going finding this place.  Seems to me that Julia (right above) is clear path for you and GF to take.

One thing you'll find out RIGHT AWAY is that most everybody is way willing to "help out" the newbie with all kinds of advice.  Your most difficult task will be to politely listen and ASAP find a bin for whatever misinformation they may have imparted.  The Golden Rule of Shooting - free advice is worth pretty much what you pay for it.

just sayin' ..........................

Have A Great Time!!!!!!!!

Charlie
Thats it Charlie.......we may never see her again now!!!! You may have frightened her away, she is probably now convinced that we are all nutters on here mate!  :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back