Hello from Tilbury Essex

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottJ

Hi all, I've been in and out of the sport of clay shooting for the past 25 years, having kids moving around for work always seemed to get in the way but I made sure to keep my license renewed and my trusty old Beretta A303 and AYA Yeoman (The O/U not S/S) in the cupboard (cabinet) and planned to get back into it one day when I found the time and money :)

So I'm on here to get back into the scene and to see if there are any friendly groups/clubs in my area that I could join in with to get back into it for fun and competition, most of my old shooting buddys have moved away or are not into it any more and current friends aren't either so thought this would be a good place to say hi and see who's about in the Thurrock/Basildon area and join in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scott  -  you are not that far from us over in Wallasea Island, nr Canewdon, although we tend to drive longer distances for the registered shoots.

However, the following link relates to two regular competition/practice shoopts in Ongar, and one very close to you in Tilbury.

http://shot-your-trap.co.uk

Check the website for their dates. I have shot them both a few times. They are friendly and usually have some nice targets.

Welcome to the Forum, and enjoy !

welcome scott.

tilburyis my town of birth still got a lot of family there.you should try shrove hill at chadwell.there is another club on the a128 behind the dog and partridge.also a club alongside the dunton road at the back of brooklyn farm horndon on the hill so a few to be getting on with.have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Much appreciated, yes I've shot at Shrove Hill quite a few times in the past and agree it's a good shoot, I went to the one behind the Dog and Partridge many years ago and at the time it was a closed shoot, members only back then so didn't get a chance to shoot there as they had limited members places.  Thanks for the welcome and will definitely be getting back into it and get my averages back up to where they used to be.

Hmmm . . . . . small world it is. Born in Tilbury but spent most of my life in Grays, even after I first married (or first marriage . . . . same thing)   :prankster:

Latest posts

Back