Hi from South Worcester

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi John

Welcome to the forum. I work for the CPSA and I'm sorry to hear you had bad experience with our association previously. Many things have changed over the last couple of years and we are working hard to keep improving the service to our members. If you would be willing to have a chat sometime please e-mail me directly on [email protected]

Thanks

Richard

Rich and Will,

Thanks for your comments and I understand where you are coming from.

There has been a great deal of water under Worcester bridge since I had the difference of opinion with the person sent to inspect my ground. In 26 years he is the only person I have actually ordered off the ground and I am not going to go into the reasions here.

I am sure things are different now but in the intervening years we have done very well looking after the needs of the local shooters and they have supported us very well in return.

When Neville Symonds closed down Dinmoor and before Steve L and Steve N started putting on registered shoots in this area I was put under some pressure to put on these competitions, but it would have meant taking some of my Sunday shoots away from my loyal following who did not want to take part in this level of shooting. I chose, rightly or wrongly, to go with my loyal following.

I’m afraid I am not going to change now – too old – too grumpy!!!

Becky however is a different kettle of fish. She relishes the challenge of competition shooting and also the challenge of putting on competitions. I have given her the chance to run this series to see how they go and who can tell what the future may bring, but it won’t be just yet.

John

Rich and Will,

Thanks for your comments and I understand where you are coming from.

There has been a great deal of water under Worcester bridge since I had the difference of opinion with the person sent to inspect my ground. In 26 years he is the only person I have actually ordered off the ground and I am not going to go into the reasions here.

I am sure things are different now but in the intervening years we have done very well looking after the needs of the local shooters and they have supported us very well in return.

When Neville Symonds closed down Dinmoor and before Steve L and Steve N started putting on registered shoots in this area I was put under some pressure to put on these competitions, but it would have meant taking some of my Sunday shoots away from my loyal following who did not want to take part in this level of shooting. I chose, rightly or wrongly, to go with my loyal following.

I’m afraid I am not going to change now – too old – too grumpy!!!

Becky however is a different kettle of fish. She relishes the challenge of competition shooting and also the challenge of putting on competitions. I have given her the chance to run this series to see how they go and who can tell what the future may bring, but it won’t be just yet.

John
Hi,

It's important to understand our own business. Maybe even this is a hobby and finances are secondary to you, but I suspect that registered shoots would increase sales massively.

hi John and welcome I remember neville at dinmore and shot there but unfortunately have never been to your ground will have to venture over the border to have a try there. Oh enjoy the forum :twitch:

We get quite a few crossing the border!!!! Make sure you have an up to date passport and a european firearms pass and i am sure they will let you through!!

We are only 5 min from Jn 2 of the M50.

Look forward to meeting you. As soon as we get a wet day i will get a full list of when we are open up on the calander. I anticipate it might be quite soon!!

Cold tomorrow but dry with just a chance of a few snow flurries - Oh joy!!

John

Maxum,

I suppose we are 4 - 5 miles north of Bromsberrow. If you are coming from the north of Worcester it is best to get off at Worcetser south M5 Jn 7 and take the A38 south - turn right for Upton on Severn and we are just 2 miles to the west. Post code is WR8 0AX or there is a map on the web site or i have stuck a pin in the location map on here - which i have to say is a great feature. Whereas Steve tends to concentrate on competition shooter we have concentrated on practice and coaching. We seem to attract a good number of game shooters as well as clay shooters as we have several traps up towers from 60ft to over 100ft. We do get some clay shooters call in when we are open on the same day to have a warm up round before going on to see Steve. Hopefully we will see you down this way sometime.

John

Thanks for the info, very helpful.
Keep us informed of your opening times and events and hope to see you in the future.

Cheers

Daz.

hi john and welcome hope all is going well and sorry i havent shot with you for a while but will deffinitely shoot a comp on a friday as week days suit me down to the ground .will it still be fibre wad or are you letting the grass grow a bit longer so cant see plastics :spiteful: :spiteful:

anyway see you all soon

steve

Steve,

I am not surprised you haven't been down lately with everything you have been putting on - there can hardly be enough hours in the day.

I have finally excluded the grazing from the fall out area of the wads - so yes - we are going to accept plastic wads from now on.

Look forward to seeing you when you get the chance.

I will post more details of the 'Friday 100' series a bit nearer to April 5th, which will be the first qualifier. There will be one qualifier going forward from each Friday therafter to the final on October 25th.

Becky will be running it so if you see her have a chat.

John

Latest posts

Back