Hi from the US....soon coming to invade

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zblink

Just shot in the world fitasc event and met a wonderful couple (Bob and Wendy Pearson). It was my second time shooting fitasc so my expectations were not real high but look out next year in Spain. Anywho, currently I live in Wisconsin but I am heading to Oxford Brookes University for a post graduate degree in Race Engine Design next fall (Sept 2013) so give me a shout and point me in some directions for awesome shooting.....

Keep ink-balling em,

Zak

Welcome aboard Zak - plenty of good shooting in and around Oxford area, and many of us live close - so stay active on the site and you'll find many shooting partners. Enjoy ShootClay. Any questions, please let me know...

Hi Zak. I'm not far from Oxford so keep us posted. May meet you in Spain next year.

Race engine design sounds interesting

I can drag you round a few comps on a Sunday when your over, give me a shout!

Hey Zak - was great to meet you, shame they ran out of beer, we were just getting going :) There are one or two members on here who have an interest in race cars, so keep up to date on the site.

We managed to get out and shoot some handguns yesterday, Wendy loved it, she now wants a 9mm Beretta to match her shotgun. If you're visiting the UK before going to Oxford, you'd be very welcome at ours. Stay in touch...

Bob, have you figured out the non-folklore reasoning for left hand driving yet?... Thats awesome about the handguns, I thought you were unable to own?

You are becoming the most interesting man in the world

....stay shooting my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
An open question to the forum, why do we drive on the left vs USA and many others driving on the right? We had some interesting folklore about this, much of it derived from horse drawn carriages and brakes etc. Anyone know the real answer, or even some good myths?

I thought it was originally down to men on horseback, the majority were right handed so rode on the left to keep the hand that would use a sword closest to approaching traffic - myth has it that Napoleon changed this in Europe due to the fact he was left handed. Could be urban myth, but I like it.

Latest posts

Back