Hi newby from South lincs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawng

Hi I'm looking to find a clay ground near me " sleaford"

Seen one at glen bank near folkingham but they've not replied to email as of yet so if anyone else know any grounds near me please let me know

Cheers

Shawn

Glen Bank is a really good, friendly club and you won't get much cheaper shooting. However due to shooting restrictions during the game season their next shoot is not until 15 th Feb 2015.

As mentioned your best bet in the meantime is Orston.

Haven Bank isn't bad (I have visited whilst at my Mums near Horncastle) - DTL layout and a 40 bird sporting... http://www.havencpc.webs.com/

There is also a new one open near Bardney Aerodrome... I haven't been yet, planning a sunday jaunt when I am up at Mums on the 18th... no website but they are talking about it on the Lincolnshire CPSA page on FB : https://www.facebook.com/groups/289053805882/?fref=ts - might be worth adding/following that page as well....

There is also a new one open near Bardney Aerodrome... I haven't been yet, planning a sunday jaunt when I am up at Mums on the 18th... no website but they are talking about it on the Lincolnshire CPSA page on FB : https://www.facebook.com/groups/289053805882/?fref=ts - might be worth adding/following that page as well....
I don't do FB Matt so any info on the location of this ground etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Vic.

Vic... Message from fb...

Just to let you all know I am now working with Martin Poucher in developing a new venue called Poucher Events .At the moment we will be offering English Sporting and in the next few months Skeet and D.T.L .The venue is located just outside Bardney on the site of the old Aerodrome post code Ln3 5tp this will get you to site entrance enter site follow road round to right go past big black building turn right and you will be on site .We are open this Sat 10am - 3pm and Sunday 10am - 3pm yours Mark Lewis (ex Stile hollow shooting ground )

I work local to this ground at bardney, not sure how well it will take off. Very flat around there so not much elevation to set traps up on higher ground. Bardney is also in a very very remote area and is a swine to drive too, it is right in the middle of know where. They will have to do some very good or very cheap targets as there are better grounds surrounding the area already such as: Grimsthorpe, Fenwicks of Claxby, Pinewoods, Orston, Nottingham, Cocket farm, the list goes on. I just can't see this taking off to be honest, but you never know, the chap setting it up seems to have pedigree being ex stile hollow which was a good ground. Will have to see how it goes, we will probably pop down sometime for a look, but we have other grounds we would support first.

Many thanks for your replies folks.

I used to work on a syndicate shoot based around the old Bardney Abbey and Stainfield so I am reasonably familiar with the area.

Oh for the days of the sweet smell of the sugar beet factory.

Vic.

Latest posts

Back