HMR 1- Bunnies 0

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The range I was told about was double that.. I don't think the guy would lie, but even so..

150M would be the limit for me (due to skill or lack thereof) but would need to be no wind as the 17gr really swings around.

Taking your examples below and comment from the 345 yard claim, I have no doubt the round can do the job at 200M user permitting.

Yes the amount of claret on a head destruction is remarkable and like you I noticed the 'flick flack' attempted escape by a creature which must have been very dead, I lost a rabbit in the nettles / warren entrance in the same circumstance

PP I think you can definitely make some remarkable shots with any gun but you get into the area where the further out the more frequently you will miss. Lets be fair an HMR round has very little mass a slight side wind and you really need to know the amount of windage you need to hold onto the target. I am sure though that hits out to really daft ranges are very possible but would you put your mortgage on actually pulling off the shot ?

You are absolutely right, it would need to be perfect conditions and to not to risk wounding would be difficult, I do t have a mortgage but I wouldn't stake my piggy bank on it.  Wind truly is a big factor as you rightly say 17gr is just over 1gram!

Latest posts

Back