Isis Green recoil pads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lh8611

ShootClay Supporter
Hi Guys,

I am considering upgrading the recoil pad on my MK38 sporter to one of the Isis Green pads. I'll likely be using their self fitting service (sending the pad back to them for grinding), and was wondering if anyone else has used this process? I have searched previous threads but haven't been able to find if anyone has used the service.

I would also be grateful if anyone on here who has had a green pad fitted could post some pictures along with the size of pad they chose so I can get a bit of a better idea

Cheers.

Had one on my MK38 and it was great. Have sold it now so no photos but it was a great product, hubby fitted it for me with no problem. Dave Izzard the shooter who created them and sells them is a true gent too and will talk things through with you if you phone him, Good luck.

I have used Dave’s self-fitting service several times and it is first class.

The X-pad is even better than the standard green version.

The various different thickness’s are designed for gun fitting purposes - so you need to work out the final length you need and buy accordingly.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for something that would be as near to the existing OEM pad thickness as possible. My gun fits really well so don't want to mess with the length of pull too much, but want a nicer pad than the lump of rubber currently on it. So for a MK38 sporter (on mine at least) the standard pad is concave and is around 14mm at the thinnest point upto about 19mm at the thickest (toe and heel). I think the X-pad might be a bit too long. I've already exchanged a few emails with them, but definitely going to give them a call to discuss my requirements and hopefully put an order in. Thanks again for your input.

I had one on my MK38 trap gun. I tried it on the gun with a view to fitting it myself but..............it felt so damn comfortable that I never fitted it properly and left it as it was. Shot it for two years like that. Probably the extra width and length made the difference. Friends said that I should get it fitted properly until I told them that you don't get extra points for a pretty gun.

Had it on my Browning and Miroku - blacked - nice thing, just take into account it is very light compared tho rubber

Attachments

• 20180217_121417_Original.jpg
    20180217_121417_Original.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
I have 2 Isis pads and one of their comb raisers. All excellent products, I, like Robden, have left the pad unfinished on the Trap stock, I managed to buy a 16mm used pad off here, which is on my Classic Doubles sporting stock. That had been fitted to another gun, but it went straight onto my gun. The comb raiser is one of the best that I have seen. It can be fitted to raise the comb, without altering the cast. It can also be easily moved from gun to gun, without marking the woodwork. Just wish the pads were not so expensive.

Here’s a couple of photos to assist, 23mm X pad on a Graco LOP butt pad, with arms like a Gibbon, I needed approximately 50mm added to the LOP. The X pad is superb.

IMG_5297.jpegIMG_5296.jpeg

Back