laugh...!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do find it really odd in some sports why men do it better than women, ,!!! Eg..darts....bowls..snooker...rifle shooting..and are own clayshooting....driving....why cant you reverse....!!!!! :) :D think I leave there.....cant live with em cant live without em ;)

LIKE (run out of likes again)

In fact Bebo .....I like all of your comments......hope you have a 'tin hat'.....you may need it :smile:
No worries on that front, nearly thirty years working in civil engineering and I've developed a pretty thick skin. I can hold my own with most men with regards to robust humour - shame I can't shoot for toffee.

I do find it really odd in some sports why men do it better than women, ,!!! Eg..darts....bowls..snooker...rifle shooting..and are own clayshooting....driving....why cant you reverse....!!!!! :) :D think I leave there.....cant live with em cant live without em ;)
I think it's actually most sports that men 'do better' than women. I remember being a competitive swimmer in my teens and being told that the gap in times between men and women was closing all the time. It has, but we haven't quite got there yet. Swimming is the one physical sport where we should be able to in theory - reduced muscle mass and higher body fat isn't as much of a disadvantage moving through water as it is over land.

The less physical stuff that you mention is probably down to a mix of nature and nurture. As mentioned above, throughout our evolution men have tended to do the hunting, which would improve hand / eye co-ordination and ability to judge targets. The nurture bit relates to the sort of games you play as a kid - boys are more likely to play games that build the sort of inherent skills needed to shoot well than girls are.

No worries on that front, nearly thirty years working in civil engineering and I've developed a pretty thick skin. I can hold my own with most men with regards to robust humour - shame I can't shoot for toffee.
LIKE.

(I knew I recognised the humour.....ex T Eng myself)

I am sure you will pick up the shooting :smile:

I think it's actually most sports that men 'do better' than women. I remember being a competitive swimmer in my teens and being told that the gap in times between men and women was closing all the time. It has, but we haven't quite got there yet. Swimming is the one physical sport where we should be able to in theory - reduced muscle mass and higher body fat isn't as much of a disadvantage moving through water as it is over land.
The less physical stuff that you mention is probably down to a mix of nature and nurture. As mentioned above, throughout our evolution men have tended to do the hunting, which would improve hand / eye co-ordination and ability to judge targets. The nurture bit relates to the sort of games you play as a kid - boys are more likely to play games that build the sort of inherent skills needed to shoot well than girls are.
That actually makes sense !! ;) thanks.....and dont give up on the shooting its all about hand/ eye co-ordination.....good luck....ps there are some good male coaches around if you get stuck.!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D .....can I have a tin hat!!!!

That actually makes sense !! ;) thanks.....and dont give up on the shooting its all about hand/ eye co-ordination.....good luck....ps there are some good male coaches around if you get stuck.!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D .....can I have a tin hat!!!!
Making sense - another thing women are occassionally capable of.

I am planning on some lessons and I've no problems with a male coach. It'll be at West Kent Shooting School, which is where I regularly go. I gather they have some good coaches there.

Got an old galvanised bucket you can borrow if that's any help.

Making sense - another thing women are occassionally capable of.
I am planning on some lessons and I've no problems with a male coach. It'll be at West Kent Shooting School, which is where I regularly go. I gather they have some good coaches there.
Got an old galvanised bucket you can borrow if that's any help.
Only having a laugh... :p good luck with lessons hope goes well...:)

Latest posts

Back