Man flu..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

As we know this is the worst, most prevalent and debilitating illness anyone can contract, what are your suggestions for remedies (quack has prescribed antibiotics so sadly booze is out of question)..

There's no such thing as Man Flu, It's a myth propagated by Women :(

You have a slight touch of the sniffles.....Put your Big boy pants on and suck it up..

I disagree man flu is a real thing and well documented to be much worse than woman flu. Its something to do with hormones and stuff which means that women don't get half as ill as us blokes. Honest....

personally the only thing I can recommend is copious amounts of scotch which in my opinion should be available on the NHS which would be very handy for me as I have a prepaid prescription plan meaning I can get as many prescriptions as needed for no extra cost ?

take some fresh ginger (has to be fresh) and chop finely. Boil the living hell out of it in a saucepan in a pint and a bit of water. Strain, cool and drink while still luke warm, as much as you can manage in one go.

Works wonders. Was recommended by a Chinese colleague - was a bit sceptical but it seems to work!  

(I think the theory is that it raises your internal body temp so you basically sweat it all out - bacteria and virus' don't like variations in temperature)

bacteria and virus don't seem to like scotch either

just saying ?

Man flu is a virus carried by the female species which does them no harm,so keep well away from females and live longer,happier and of course wealthier.Thats my conclusion of the dreaded disease and by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR.?

seems a bit radical, the staying away from women that is, however there have been many that I wish I had stayed away from. Having them isn't that expensive but getting shut of them certainly is ?

take some fresh ginger (has to be fresh) and chop finely. Boil the living hell out of it in a saucepan in a pint and a bit of water. Strain, cool and drink while still luke warm, as much as you can manage in one go.

Works wonders. Was recommended by a Chinese colleague - was a bit sceptical but it seems to work!  

(I think the theory is that it raises your internal body temp so you basically sweat it all out - bacteria and virus' don't like variations in temperature)
I have tried fresh ginger with fresh chilli, lemon, honey and pineapple, seems to work ok..

Four cloves of garlic 

Small dish of fresh ginger 

One red chili with seeds

Red onion

Sweet potato

sh*take mushrooms

Vegetable stock

Made into a soup or used as a saucefor a curry.Cures or kills you,do not know about sh*take ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for suggestions guys, this has become real flu which means tomorrow will be a third missed driven day as a result of my or Mrs illness in 2 weeks!

what a drag, and only three weeks left ?

Latest posts

Back