met les

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good shooting today and tomorrow Ian ! Would have been great to have been there to see the pair of you meet ....all you needed was Cilla from surprise surprise to complete the day! :)

Shoot well you three.....and if you see 40UP ....will you tell him to check his PM as a sent him an interesting one today. :wink:

Yes correct delayed but started 30 mins later in same conditions and it didn't improve all day visibility 30yds then it was guess work for shooters and refs, a very difficult day indeed.

Tinker, i will tell him.

Hey Les!  I thought you were a Wurzel, but Ips tells me you are a Cockney Sparrow!

You learn something new every day. At least I would understand your accent!  :sarcastic:

(No offense intended to Wurzels, Cockneys or Sparrows!)  :biggrin:

Yes correct delayed but started 30 mins later in same conditions and it didn't improve all day visibility 30yds then it was guess work for shooters and refs, a very difficult day indeed.

Tinker, i will tell him.
It could have been worse, at least you didn't have force 6 winds and hail storms! The weather was not good though, 99 shooters, many very serious ones too,but only about half a dozen 25 straights! Best of luck tomorrow mate.

Hey Les!  I thought you were a Wurzel, but Ips tells me you are a Cockney Sparrow!

You learn something new every day. At least I would understand your accent!  :sarcastic:

(No offense intended to Wurzels, Cockneys or Sparrows!)  :biggrin:
Yes mate, London born and bred. Mind you I have picked up a tad of wurzel here and there, I hear it slip out at times, very strange how it happens. I think the proper Dorset accent is dying out a bit, not sure why, maybe because of the flood of people from elsewhere over the past 30 years and also the accents on television etc. A good few of the young uns have no accent at all really.

It could have been worse, at least you didn't have force 6 winds and hail storms! The weather was not good though, 99 shooters, many very serious ones too,but only about half a dozen 25 straights! Best of luck tomorrow mate.
cheers.

Kit drying out on hotel rads ready for another soaking tomorrow.

cheers.

Kit drying out on hotel rads ready for another soaking tomorrow.
I see some well known people did not have the best of days by the look of it. You did well so did Fred.

Ps

Also met Mr Philr i knew the name and when i met him i knew the face just didn't put the two together. He gave me a present of a new fangled bio degradeable clay target currently in use at a few grounds so i now have a nice ash tray for my patio :)

Not as yet had a proper chat but seems a jolly nice chap and Mrs r seems a very nice lady.

So everyone and everything this weekend been nice apart from the weather. Wind and rain for today then a 4 - 1/2 hr drive home to look fwd to. :(

Ps

Also met Mr Philr i knew the name and when i met him i knew the face just didn't put the two together. He gave me a present of a new fangled bio degradeable clay target currently in use at a few grounds so i now have a nice ash tray for my patio :)

Not as yet had a proper chat but seems a jolly nice chap and Mrs r seems a very nice lady.

So everyone and everything this weekend been nice apart from the weather. Wind and rain for today then a 4 - 1/2 hr drive home to look fwd to. :(
A biodegradable ashtray for the patio! Well I wouldn't leave it out on the patio too long Ian! Pmsl !!!

Ps

Hi Ian, I've only just seen this.  

I've spoken to you before at shoots and not known your name, but I recognised you when you came into the clubhouse and the penny dropped. It was also nice to meet your good lady, but I left our better halves having a natter and had a snoop around the gunshop instead.  

Lets's hope there's a weather improvement before the next ABT selection shoot at BCTC at the end of next month.

I didn't get to meet Les at the UT selection shoot the following weekend either and I'm definitely not going to S Counties for the third time in a month for the OT this coming weekend.  Les will have to venture out of the SW to meet me now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil

Yes leave them to it that's the best idea :)

Bev will be a good shoot we rarely see fog there and targets recently have been very very good.

See you soon.

Les will have to venture out of the SW to meet me now.
Phil the way it seems to be heading over at SC these days I will shortly have no choice but to shoot abroad..............Cheddar, Podimore and Axminster!!!! :laugh:

Latest posts

Back