My first gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have shot a couple of 725s quite recently and have to say did not like them.  Felt a bit too light for me, almost unbalanced.

I am not sure how a shop can generalise and say that "it is clear that 32" is the right size for you" when 'feel' has a lot to do with what is right for you (ie subjective) and the shop cannot do that for you.......... feel is something that only you can judge.

I may be wrong and there are plenty far more experienced than li'l' ol' me on here whos opinions I respect and will correct me if so, but that is how I see it.

Which ever gun you go for, trust your instincts on feel.  If you like the look but it doesn't feel right, don't buy it.  If it looks good to you and fits/feels good - cracked it & job done....now find the brass :hunter:   and enjoy shooting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, when gun shopping today the subject of the 725 came up. The dealer I was talking to said he won't stock them because he's seen several that shoot a foot above where they should be. This is anecdotal evidence not empirical, but it might be worth bearing in mind if anyone wants a 725 specifically  .

Ginger ninja on here has a 725 for sale at the moment 30" near mint

The deed has been done.

I now have a MK38 32" Teague sporter in nice condition, still tight with no bumps or scratch's on it. Tried all the guns on my list plus a few more, the 725 I found to be little better as the recoil was less but the fit was the same and at twice the price for a novice I felt it was too much.

Very happy bunny, thanks for all the advice.

Buy either one, shoot it for 6 months, put a few thousand carts thru it if you don't get on with it p/x it for the other, you will probably lose £100 but its the way I sort of did it and at least you've tried them both .

The deed has been done.

I now have a MK38 32" Teague sporter in nice condition, still tight with no bumps or scratch's on it. Tried all the guns on my list plus a few more, the 725 I found to be little better as the recoil was less but the fit was the same and at twice the price for a novice I felt it was too much.

I bought the same gun recently. Seems to be a great gun and I'm really enjoying shooting it...enjoy.

The deed has been done.

Good choice, you will enjoy it.  Now put some cartridges through it!!

Latest posts

Back