New Browning release - 825

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is interesting but it will need someone clever or 'in the know' to explain the differences between it and the 725.

Bite is still below the barrels and I'm not sure what the fuss is about the trigger pulls - needs explaining beyond saying they are reliable and pointing out the three different triggers and three different positions.

Looks like a 725 only with 825 written on the side.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of upgrades or at least nothing mentioned in the video. Apart from some revised barrel tech I'm not sure where Browning can go with this. Very much still a middle of the market basic sporting gun. It would have been interesting to see what they could have done to break into the £8k - £12k market with a DT11 alternative.

I'm willing to bet £5 on the opening cost for a 32" sporter with fixed comb stock being £4000 minimum. Kind of has the same feel about it when Gamebore introduced the rose gold as an alternative the white gold. Nothing really changed except for 20% uplift in price.

Well that is interesting but it will need someone clever or 'in the know' to explain the differences between it and the 725.

Bite is still below the barrels and I'm not sure what the fuss is about the trigger pulls - needs explaining beyond saying they are reliable and pointing out the three different triggers and three different positions.
725 trigger is a pile of cack. It's some weird halfway-house between mechanical and inertia. My husband has shot one for ages and every 100 or so trigger pulls the pull weight increases for no apparent reason. If it's gone back to a similar trigger to the 525 that wouldn't be a bad thing and might interest some.

The Browning website says - "Features all new styling, Fire Lite 2 Mechanical Trigger, enhanced controls, and the Invector-DS choke tube system."

Looks like a rework of the "cack" in the 725 unfortunately. Officially its a "Fire Lite" not "cack" trigger so, Bebo, no future for you in marketing.

US prices start at $3,700 which seems to be about $200 more than a similar 725.

Its funny how the MK11 reverted to the 525 triggers - says everything about Miroku's view of the 725 internals.

MK11 game gun ( low profile 725 derivative) has it , so it’s not impossible
Yeah, spotted that a while ago. Husband doesn't want to spend that much on a gun as he doesn't shoot anywhere near as much as I do, but I'm tempted to buy him one for Xmas anyway.

Ive got a B725s 2021 and the triggers are fine, both about 3.2lb. My mates got a pro master, same trigger no problem, his is a newer gun as well.
They are night and day better than the triggers on the 694 I traded in.

I know the triggers on the 725 early model with the wavy lines on the action had some problems.

Last edited:
I love these adverts. So dramatic. I wonder if that voiceover man can make me sound good creaking and groaning…….😀

Latest posts

Back