New member High Wycombe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bozal

Hello all, just returning to clay shooting after a 13 year absence, ordered myself a new Beretta 690 Sporter and rejoining West Wycombe Shooting ground or E J Churchill's as it now seems to be known. Gave it up for reasons that I cant now remember but semi retired now so going to give it another go. I hope it will all come back to me !

There is a brand new 690 Sporter which is essentially a prettier version of the 692 or so I'm told anyway. I had settled on the 692 but saw this and thought it was very pleasing on the eye.

Hmm.. If you are really into clays (not game) then be sure. Game guns usually are prettier (more engraving of game scene on action) but they are also lighter. Not as steady to move consistently on clays and with more recoil. If you are not used to picking up a clay gun, a game gun will also feel easier to swing around in the gun room because it's lighter. But you may regret it later.. Pleasing to the eye is relevant for about 10 minutes, but pleasing on the clays will soon become the main factor to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems its true. Beretta 690 Sporter III 

Welcome to the site. Couldn't be teed placed for one of the best sporting grounds in the UK.

Enjoy

DT

Thank you all for the warm welcome and I look forward to taking part in the discussions. I had many years shooting experience before I gave up in 2001 but much seems to be the same however. I loved West Wycombe shooting ground then and it seems to have got better, it will be fun. Really can't recall why I gave it all up.

Hi David, Welcome to ShootClay   :hi:and back to the sport. Enjoy your visits     :D .

Have fun at Churchills, I try to get there most weeks; also plenty of Sunday shoots in easy reach.

Thank you David, I see we are near neighbours, I am in Holmer Green. I look forward to meeting you at Churchills soon

David

Latest posts

Back