New member/shooter in Northamptonshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraemeW

Hello,

I'm Graeme, 28 years old. Done a bit of clays over the years but only with friends guns and through different classes. Have just filled out my application form for my licence.

Just looking to get a safe now and then in no rush to get a gun. Will probably be a 20g though as I have a week shoulder from a few dislocations.

See you all around.

Thanks for the advise. My brother has a few 12 bores so I'll get some 21 grm cartridges and try that! Plus a lot more 2nd hand selection of 12 bores.

Thanks for the advise. My brother has a few 12 bores so I'll get some 21 grm cartridges and try that! Plus a lot more 2nd hand selection of 12 bores.
Also, avoid very light guns (even some 12g are). There are also some very good recoil pads (that attach to the but of the gun).

Hello and welcome.

+1 on getting a 12g rather than a 20. I might get burnt as a heretic for saying this, but if you find the O/U 12g a bit of a problem, you could try a 12g auto too. They have the advantages of 12g (ie better choice and cheaper shells) with very little recoil.

Not everyones cuppa, but worth considering maybe?

Hi,

welcome to the forum.

As everyone has already said, a good fitting 12g is the best bet.....a lot of people don´t like to shoot trap when other shooters are useing an auto but if it´s the only way to shoot without pain then go for it.

A lot of advise. Thankyou all. I'm going to the shooting show next month so I think wil try as many as I can to get the feel.

Latest posts

Back