Newbold 17/6

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Right, where to start? Booked on just after half 10 we were entry numbers 73+4 and thought great its not too busy.

Shot my first 5 stands extremely badly then walking down the hill we hit the queues. Said to the missus shall we miss this one as they are 15-20 deep, said the same for the next 4 stands, 1 of them broken down (flat battery). Got to the end stand and while Mrs Fuz was waiting to hand the cards in the guy shooting had 5 no birds on the second bird of a simo pair so I told her not to bother. Another flat battery we heard, at just gone 11 oclock for gods sake! Charging them overnight usually helps them last more than an hour!

My card got screwed up in my pocket and the decision was made to bug out and go home. Walked up the top of the hill again and found 3 stands up there nearly empty so as Mrs Fuz was shooting well we shot these, already on for a dropper I made sure by just having a snap shooting or a shooting it a foot off the ground giggle.

She had a count up after we shot these and was on for an average raiser so I said I would hang around with her, bad idea, shot 2 of the 3 she needed to shoot in an average time then the 50 minute wait to shoot her last stand.

All in all I thought it was a very wishy washy shoot, springs needed to be wound on a bit, the pair of report incommers should have been simo along with the blaze quartering away followed by a curling l-r coming from a long way back. This was a 5 pair stand and also the one that took 50 mins to shoot as the wait for the second bird to finally get to the kill point was ridiculous.

Young lads scoring with no glasses on, mp3 player earphones playing music in one ear and the other ear uncovered, letting people see a pair after watching at least 4 people in front of them, giving peoples scorecards to other groups and filling the wrong stand in didnt really help my mood or help with the smooth passage of punters through the ground.

Not Impressed with what is usually a great place to come and shoot but was really impressed with Chris Chilerhouses 99!

Sounds not very good. Should have come to Urchfont started shooting at 10.45 a few queue's only on a couple of stands, done and dusted buy 1.15 and the traps were being brought back in by 2. 116 entries.

Fuz, I think you got the worst possible deal; it wasnt quite that bad for us, although it did take a good while to get round, missing queues. The targets were very good as usual; just not geared to a big crowd. 11 stands I think, with slow 5 pairers causing delays, yes.

What knobbled me was going on to a tough stand down the bottom; where i smacked the first pair, then the scorer stopped me for 3 minutes while he had a discussion and sorted out an error on my card from another scorer. Wrong line filled in. On eventual restart, this stuffed my head and i dropped 5 on the last 8!!! He should have let me shoot the stand and then sort it after IMO. I finished on 84, which I feel would have been at least 87 without that. Pleased overall though.

CSC3

Doesn't sound like you had fun Fuz. We started at 1pm and had no hold ups, breakdowns or waiting. Personally i thought the targets were as good as ever there. It was a serious shoot and that 99 was an awesome score, in no way an easy shoot.

Yes respect to Chris. I was behind him for a while and he was dusting stuff. When I looked, he was straight after 7 stands which seemed very good then.. Not a doddle shoot!

Joe said he finnished on stand 1 and missed one from the left.

There was 12 stands Clev, 10 stands of 4 pairs, 2 stands of 5 pairs.

I watched Ben H and lots of others missing that bird behind!

The scorers had me confused in the end, no wonder I was flustered. Shake the shoulders out..

We started at 10:30 and was done for 12:15 so we didn't get held up too much either. I agree with fuz about the 2 stands that should have been simo though. Apparently Chris dropped his last bird for the 100 but only what I was told.

Sounds not very good. Should have come to Urchfont started shooting at 10.45 a few queue's only on a couple of stands, done and dusted buy 1.15 and the traps were being brought back in by 2. 116 entries.
and payout on 116 entries was £1245 !! which is over £10 per person back in the kitty.

that puts a lot of these grounds to shame

We started at 10:30 and was done for 12:15 so we didn't get held up too much either. I agree with fuz about the 2 stands that should have been simo though. Apparently Chris dropped his last bird for the 100 but only what I was told.
I heard from the girl in the book in hut he shot stand 1 last (blaze l-r and midi away top of the valley) and over led the l-r on his second pair.

Looks like we were unlucky with the queues and breakdowns, but for me it was just a bit lack lustre. Mrs Fuz summed it up for me when she said on the way home that she was waiting for the big WOW stand and it never came.

Even the Jack Pyke which most will agree was fairly soft, you got to the end and saw the pair of driven off the high tower and thought wow theyre tasty. One of Steves midis off the tower at westfield, Ians coming off the top of the bank at wylye, far end of the carpark at 4 C's, cherry picker at S/down etc. For us there was nothing that made you suck your cheeks in and think yeah cant wait to have a crack at that baby. Usually the stand at the bottom left of the ground looking out to the spinney gives you this (Blaze and high curler today)

Tricky enough and Chris's 99 was just awesome but just a little meh for me today.

. Mrs Fuz summed it up for me when she said on the way home that she was waiting for the big WOW stand and it never came.. One of Steves midis off the tower at westfield,

should have gone to steves then.....?????????

and payout on 116 entries was £1245 !! which is over £10 per person back in the kitty.

that puts a lot of these grounds to shame
Paid down to forth in each class

£100, 80, 60, 40

. Mrs Fuz summed it up for me when she said on the way home that she was waiting for the big WOW stand and it never came.. One of Steves midis off the tower at westfield,

should have gone to steves then.....?????????
Usually Newbold ticks all the boxes for me but it just didnt have that x factor for me today :(

Usually Newbold ticks all the boxes for me but it just didnt have that x factor for me today :(

i like newbold too . as you say usually very good.

Newbold is a stunning shoot, with a ground that is comparable to Westfield for beauty and variety. However, absolutely no website or email list for its clients. Shame. They could even use this site to communicate..

CSC3

Latest posts

Back