Opinions please

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered a new MK38 Trap adjustable stock, , now the question do I have it Teagued or Brierlyd for adjustable chokes 

ordered a new MK38 Trap adjustable stock, , now the question do I have it Teagued or Brierlyd for adjustable chokes 
Good choice. You could have the chokes eased a little to start with then at a later date if you feel it necessary you could have it multi choked. I would suggest Teagues, you could even take it to Nigel's as he can't be far away from you. I don't believe that there is any real difference between Teague and Briley chokes, they are both very good. Main reason so many Perazzi's are Brileyed is because they have been supplied by Chris Potter who is also the U.K.agent for Briley.

Why not just try it as it is, you may not need to get multi's?
Thats my plan I'm going to shoot it as it is for a while , then if I feel the need about FEB when I cant face the weather i'll send it to Teague and get it fitted with multi chokes ,  

Thanks to every one who helped out with comments and  advice , I'm looking forward to my new gun which should be here in a week or so, 

one last question how the hell do you go about adjusting the comb .

All on Allen keys, pretty self explanatory when you get your hands on it. As for set up, shoot a slow straight away and a slow incomer, fiddle until you see the picture you want and are dusting them up :D

nigel teague did my mk38 adjustable trap gun and my b125 trap gun.  i used to build rifles and know my way around a lathe, and i have to say his work is superb and i wouldn't go anywhere else.  your chokes will be relative to your bore diameters which is what you want.

i'm not sure what you're planning on shooting, but if it's anything other than the fast trap disciplines you're gonna be choked a lot tighter than necessary.

get long teagues for it, and an isis pad on the back and you're set for everything you'll want to shoot.

d

Latest posts

Back