Owls Lodge 17/09/15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D K Gibbs

After a cracking start to day at owls lodge 100 reg, it all ended in tears!!!

Was on for a 91 with 2 8 target stands remaining.

Ended up walking into my second to last stand and thought "I'll straight this, then I'm on for a good score" ended up getting bloody 1 x 8!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????

Last stand 0/0  k/k  k/k  0/0

Ended on a 79! Same as I was shooting so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a cracking start to day at owls lodge 100 reg, it all ended in tears!!!

Was on for a 91 with 2 8 target stands remaining.

Ended up walking into my second to last stand and thought "I'll straight this, then I'm on for a good score" ended up getting bloody 1 x 8!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????

Last stand 0/0  k/k  k/k  0/0

Ended on a 79! Same as I was shooting so well.
Annoying, what stands were they?  I really enjoyed the shoot but I didn't get one of those Simo battues.

Straighted the Battues.

It was stand 10 (looper and fast crosser off tower)

Then Stand 11 (long, slow, floating crosser then fast looper going away)

A complete lack of concentration, focused so hard on hitting the fast crosser of 10 that I neglected to concentrate on the first target! Before I new it the stand was over and I'd only hit 1!! 

Stand 11, I had a small mental tantrum about how I'd shot the last stand and miss 4 more in there! Unforgivable!

Straighted the Battues.

It was stand 10 (looper and fast crosser off tower)

Then Stand 11 (long, slow, floating crosser then fast looper going away)

A complete lack of concentration, focused so hard on hitting the fast crosser of 10 that I neglected to concentrate on the first target! Before I new it the stand was over and I'd only hit 1!! 

Stand 11, I had a small mental tantrum about how I'd shot the last stand and miss 4 more in there! Unforgivable!
yes stand 10 got the first bird but only 2 crossers.  Stand 11 started off lovely two pairs effortlessly killed then missed the third pair and don't know why then fourth pair missed the first bird and got the second and last pair killed.  I want to know what happens when I do that!  Well done though on the sim battues.

The Battues just needed to be attacked quick with a good chunk of lead. Most people in my squad had trouble with them though

The battues needed a lot of lead. Took me too long to realise that. 10 was tough - most of my squad lost 1st birds whilst thinking too much about the fast 2nd bird. On 11 I could not hit the 2nd bird for love nor money. Another disappointing 61 for me. The curse of OLSS continues :(

Chap in our squad dropped just two birds in the first 7 stands. Then dropped 2 on stand 1, 4 on stand 2, lost the plot and went home.

I wish I was good enough that missing 8 birds over most of the course was enough to make me walk off!

Back