Paradox Gun Cleaner

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is cause of the long forcing cones the dt11 is a nightmare, and I hate cleaning it standard 12bore brush is just not large enough

0000 steel wool will not hurt barrels.  It'll just polish them.
Over time steel against steel will be more wearing than bronze against steel regardless of the actual grade. I am not saying don't use it from time to time but every clean ? Polishing is wearing but very fine. Now you an run a valve in a phosphor bronze valve bushing for a long time without real sever wear but in a steel bushing it would be F'd in no time. Anyway that was not my point steel on steel out ranks bronze on steel every time in the extremity scale :)

I struggle to shift what I assume is plastic from my DT10.  A real son-of-a-gun.  So, to answer the OP, my Paradox doesn't do the job there, but its fine on my game gun after 25 shots of fibre. 

Well you do now, it would seem! So time to change that technique that has never let you down in thirty years cos it isn't working. Could try changing your gun... bit extreme perhaps ? Nothing extreme about a bronze brush and an electric drill well tried and tested method simple gives greater number of cleaning strokes effectively, rather that than use steel wool that is extreme !
Me thinks you're missing my point my friend :good:

I changed guns about 3 months ago to a new CG. Prior to that (for a long long time :biggrin: ) I have been able to clean the chamber/forcing cone and barrels to a totally spotless standard with a quality cleaning spray and PB brush. It's never previously been a problem; and is a technique used by 1000's of gun owners around the world to good effect. 

But (and here's my point) with this new gun, I can't seem to get the forcing cone area clean. Hence my question -  given my new gun has longer forcing cones, does that really make any difference to the cleaning needed?  

I made no comment about steel wool and to be honest I agree with you, that is a bit extreme. Also, when I said your advice was extreme, I meant in terms of the fuss and bother of having rig up a drill to clean the gun. Which in my specific circumstances, would be a bit of a faff. 

To be fair finners I thought the drill would be a faff but hey presto it is way easier and more efficient the just a PB brush and a rod... for me anyway. Simply fit the end of the rod into the chuck of the cordless drill and away you go. For the forcing cone area you probably only need the first two sections of rod. The advantage of the drill is that you can reverse the rotation which I think helps a little as well kind of stops the brush closing up too much.

To be fair finners I thought the drill would be a faff but hey presto it is way easier and more efficient the just a PB brush and a rod... for me anyway. Simply fit the end of the rod into the chuck of the cordless drill and away you go. For the forcing cone area you probably only need the first two sections of rod. The advantage of the drill is that you can reverse the rotation which I think helps a little as well kind of stops the brush closing up too much.
Ahhh, never thought of using a cordless....... doh! OK I'll give it a try :good:  

But this still does not answer my question. Does anyone know why this has become an issue that I have never had before? 

I think it is cause of the long forcing cones the dt11 is a nightmare, and I hate cleaning it standard 12bore brush is just not large enough
I've experienced this with overbored guns buy a 10 bore brass brush and with a decent cleaner does the job perfectly. Goes through nicely still.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things.

Try a full length mop as i say i have used one for many years and barrels are as clean as a whistle.

Not sure what cartridges some of you use to get plastic deposit but i don't want to use them as i have never ever experienced this.

I don't like the sound of using a drill and certainly would never use this technique myself but fill your boots if you must.

I'm also wondering what the longer cones achieve,, my 525 also has longer cones, and at the moment I use a lot of fibre wad ammo, about 5inches of muck after 100 carts',, which is difficult to remove with ligier (browning)  spray and a brass brush. I used to use hopps bore cleaner, melts the brush's if your slow!,

previously with a 425, the chokes were a problem with plastic wads,,, I used to use a utility knife to scape about 1/2 mm out of full chokes! it's all that worked. :eek:  the barrels were clean tho"!

I agree with ips, I do not know what cartridges you Guy's are using but I have a backbored Mirook and have no fouling at all. Two swipes through with a bronze brush and then once through each barrel with Napier Ultra clean patch material, job done. If I need to clean the barrels away from home, a bore-snake does the job. With regards to the Paradox cleaning rod, I had one many, many years ago and found it useless. Maybe they have improved it. 

Westley they must have, don't know what make mine is but i think its napier, had it 15yrs used it twice a week and still going strong. A few months ago i used the old method as a matter of interest after giving her a right good rodding and no staining on the cloth was evident, proof imo that a good rodding with a long brush is all that is needed.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh matronnnn!!!

But I agree on the cartridge bit.  I use Velocities (plas & fibre) and never have a problem with either the MK38 or the 525 in terms of cleaning after shooting.

Or the B2000 for that matter ha ha  :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I give her a good rodding whenever needed, which is often. I don't mind as it only takes less than a minute and she always looks better after in fact i get the impression that if she could speak she would thank me for taking the time to do it. I have done this everyone one i have had and when i have traded them in i have never had any bad comments about the way i have treated them.

Mostly pro 1s but sovereigns GB's Gamebore fob fiocchi all have left plastic, and as for the good rodding I try but stamina not what it was maybe she needs a bigger tool ( brush ) to get her off...... Plastic that is

Send her to me mate i can still rod more than one per session.

Always willing to help.

Latest posts

Back