Picked up my beretta 686s today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

So today I was up early to drive down to gunsite sporting clays just outside of Swindon to me wylye to pick up my gun. Got there a 11 o'clock meet wylye then went down and had abit of a shoot he gave me some great tips and corrected some of my bad habits. All in all a very nice guy and very nice gun. Would definalty buy from him again in the furture if I'm after another. Here a few pics of the gun at home.

Nice example and always good to buy from someone who knows his stuff  and can be trusted.

Cheers mate really pleased with it can't wait to get out a shot it now.
Good for you.

They really are a great gun and your one has nice engraving too. What's not to love.

I'll start by saying I know next to nothing about shotguns, I'm a novice and have shot fewer than 400 cartridges, and I certainly don't want to spoil your excitement and enjoyment.

But, to my untrained eye, it looks as if you can see a couple of small cracks in the wood in the 3rd photo. Are these not cracks, or if they are, are they of no concern?

As I say, not intended to poo poo your enjoyment, a serious question.

Cheers.

Going across the grain, look like a couple of small scratches to me rather than cracks.

I'll start by saying I know next to nothing about shotguns, I'm a novice and have shot fewer than 400 cartridges, and I certainly don't want to spoil your excitement and enjoyment.

But, to my untrained eye, it looks as if you can see a couple of small cracks in the wood in the 3rd photo. Are these not cracks, or if they are, are they of no concern?

As I say, not intended to poo poo your enjoyment, a serious question.

Cheers.
Thanks for your concern mate. There not cracks there just scratches smaller in real life than the picture shows. I will at some point have the stock re finished and try and get them removed but for now I'm just going to shoot it and enjoy.

Quick update from today. First time out properly shooting today went to kibworth in Leicestershire. Shot a 46/75 on sporting then had ago on the fitasc course for the first time shot a 10/25. Gun fits really well just gotta get used to it my highlight of the day was beating my mate who has been shooting for the last year it's only my 4th time shooting.

Well done a good start. Glad to hear your pleased with your lovely new gun.

Good luck to you, enjoy.

Those marks look like they will steam out easily enough. But as has been said, don't worry about them and just enjoy your shooting. 46/75 is bloody good going too! 

Latest posts

Back