Plano Pro Max Pillar Lock Take Down Gun Case

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travlaa

Does anyone own or use one of these?

http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=118&PID=879

Are they any good?

What locks do you recommend using with it?

What stops the gun from sliding about inside, I would be gutted if my barrels bashed the stock whilst inside.

I need a case that is no more that 36" long and 13.5" wide, as I want it to fit in a very small boot without the seats folding flat.

Thanks guys!

I have one. Just tested it by putting gun in it and giving it a good shake and no movement of gun whilst inside. The foam clamps the gun and stops it from moving around. I only really use it when I use my wife's VW Polo as boot is small and it fits in nicely. I have 32" barrels and they fit in the case. If you have extended chokes, you would need to remove to fit barrels in case. Not bad for the price.

Yep that's the thing, I am currently looking to get a Mini Cooper S. So the boot is very small. I have 30" barrels so it should be fine.

I have been looking at the peli cases and they are superb, however they are too big for the car, and a bit out of my price range. Maybe when I get a bigger car and I haven't spent a fortune on everything you need to own a shotgun then I shall definitely invest.

Yep that's the thing, I am currently looking to get a Mini Cooper S. So the boot is very small. I have 30" barrels so it should be fine.

I have been looking at the peli cases and they are superb, however they are too big for the car, and a bit out of my price range. Maybe when I get a bigger car and I haven't spent a fortune on everything you need to own a shotgun then I shall definitely invest.
fits nicely in the back of a polo. When you test drive the cooper, take a tape measure and measure the boot space. I think it is a pretty good case for the money.

fits nicely in the back of a polo. When you test drive the cooper, take a tape measure and measure the boot space. I think it is a pretty good case for the money.
Nick, any idea how large the padlock holes are on it? I want to get two decent padlocks for it but I don't want the metal loop to be too thick for the holes.

Nick, any idea how large the padlock holes are on it? I want to get two decent padlocks for it but I don't want the metal loop to be too thick for the holes.
the two padlock holes are approx 10mm in diameter. Should be able to get decent locks for.

Latest posts

Back