playing music in car

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

my car does not have a cd player. It has a 7" touchscreen thing a mp summat or other jack plug socket thing and a usb hole.

I don't have an mp thing so my question is. Can I copy a cd to a usb stick thing and listen to some propper music that way ???

will a cd copy direct to stick thing on my win10 laptop ??

god, do you remember those, ruddy ell ?

Bit before my time but we got hold of a hilman imp scrapper to thrash up and down a farm track when we were kids and it had a 8 track in it.

It's called ripping. Lots of software on the web to copy CD's ( God does anyone still have those ) to MP3's on a USB stick.

just had a go of copying and pasting but not mp3 format, having read your post does it have to be in mp3 then ?

have found a thing on windows media rip to mp3....tis doing its stuff as we speak. Will report back in a bit ?

ruddy ell the ludditte has done it, ripped to mp3 copied to sticky thing and it plays in my car....so thats gong-angels egg done and captain beefheart-ice cream for crow doing its thing as we speak...mrs ips will be sooo pleased with in car audio......not.

cheers ?

Have you not got AUX on you radio? if so get a AUX lead and plug it into your headphone socket on your phone. You can find any album on youtube or sound cloud (its free) It will play through your car speakers. Even better if your car has Bluetooth it will play wirelessly. It's 2017 now Ian!!!! Get with it. CD's are a dinosaur now.

ha, yep got one of them aux things and yep got Bluetooth (65 plate don't ya know) cant believe you don't get cd player now ?

will have a look at this cloud music but its gonna eat my data and they might not have my "proper stuff" on there ?

ha, yep got one of them aux things and yep got Bluetooth (65 plate don't ya know) cant believe you don't get cd player now ?

will have a look at this cloud music but its gonna eat my data and they might not have my "proper stuff" on there ?
Are you sure it's not in your glove box Ian? It's very rare to not have a cd changer in a car that new. What car is it 

defo not got a cd or change mate

citroen multispace xtr 65 plate

Have you not got AUX on you radio? if so get a AUX lead and plug it into your headphone socket on your phone. You can find any album on youtube or sound cloud (its free) It will play through your car speakers. Even better if your car has Bluetooth it will play wirelessly. It's 2017 now Ian!!!! Get with it. CD's are a dinosaur now.

IPS is a dinosaur :rolleyes:

bollox, ? I ruddy well managed to get five albums converted to mp3 and onto my stick thing. I am a ruddy genius ?

bollox, ? I ruddy well managed to get five albums converted to mp3 and onto my stick thing. I am a ruddy P.E.N.I.S.?
Well done :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need a sunroof in order to receive 'Cloud Music' then  ?

Being deaf does have some advantages..............................NONE of this applies to me  !        :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back