Rolls Royce test gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, and military jets , all travelling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.

American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains.
Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers.
When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:

"Defrost the chicken."

Now theres the crux of the matter, Is a frozen chicken not the same weight as a chilled one ? So the values to calculate the velocity and ft/pounds energy is more or less the same.

Is freezing the chicken like adding 5% antimony to lead and thus making the chicken harder ?

Now theres the crux of the matter, Is a frozen chicken not the same weight as a chilled one ? So the values to calculate the velocity and ft/pounds energy is more or less the same.

Is freezing the chicken like adding 5% antimony to lead and thus making the chicken harder ?
Precisely. Would you rather be hit with a feather pillow of a truncheon, assuming both weigh the same?

Since I still have my wooden truncheon( air cooled counselling device) from previous employ, I would say the pillow would have more crushability on impact.

If I had two balloons, each with two litres of water in, and froze one of them...which would you prefer me attempt to burst on your head?

The defrosted chicken is a hollow point, the frozen one is an FMJ.

I knew a guy who would buy cans of Coke,freeze them and leave them laying on their side on a table or a bench.

Inevitably,someone would come along and Karate chop one.

It was very annoying.

Incidentally,Tesco value frozen chickens have only got 2% antimony.

Vic.

I knew a guy who would buy cans of Coke,freeze them and leave them laying on their side on a table or a bench.

Inevitably,someone would come along and Karate chop one.

It was very annoying.

Incidentally,Tesco value frozen chickens have only got 2% antimony.

Vic.
And 5% horse

Don't see the problem, we have all eaten Salami or Peperoni,,,,,,,,, so even donkey and horse are mainly in those.

Latest posts

Back