SGC Fees

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

I see that the new SGC fees have been decided and come into effect as of 6th April 2015.

First grant £50 up to £79.50,

Renewal   £40 up to £49.

To Be fair that is cheap ! I have to pay €48 every year so not that much more for five years is incredibly good value. Also you have to remember the amount of work involving the police in the SGC process whereas here there is no police input to push up the cost.

Strange comment nowhere expensive enough
I don't think so you have to weigh it up we'd all like everything to be free but the realisation SGC are cheap as chips and cost far more than they charge to issue 

I look at it this way the price of it is less than a night out on the piss thats cheap!!!

I stand by what I say... We pay peanuts for what we should get,

Fast Turnaround

Proper background checks

Good advice from a police officer, not a civilian

And we expect that for a very low price... The economics don't stack up. Fifty quid is close to two hours of proper qualified wages... It should cost a lot more.

Then... As evoracer says, it's less than a quick night out, and probably not economical for the police forces and so it's an easy target for cost cutting. If it runs at a loss, then it becomes an easy target for bean counters and politicians.

j will also add, that double, triple or even five times the price is probably closer to the mark....

Would you refer that someone took eight weeks, and rubber stamped every application without any checks? That's probably worth £55 of everyone's money...

The equivalent of £10 ish a year is ridiculously cheap by any standard. How much is a parking ticket which takes less then five minutes to slap onto you windscreen!

In the scheme of things it's currently begger all.

It was a lot less of an increase than I was expecting. Can't complain at that.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I have already said its very good value and a very reasonable increase atb

Latest posts

Back