Southdown 7/5/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Made the journey down to Southdown for the 100 reg sporting SE Inters/England selection shoot. Was weeing with rain all the way down there but the forcast said clear from about 12. Found the ground quite easily and pulled into the carpark. Was a sea of mud which unfortunately due to the amount of rain weve had lately wasnt wholly unexpected.

Booked on and had a quick cup of coffee before heading out about 12 into the persistant drizzle. Damn you BBC weather!

Targets were a good mix, pretty much something for everyone. I thought it was quite a "technical" layout where hold points had to be thought about and spot on. A couple of big midis out there that needed some big lead but paired with a sensible other bird making all stands 50 percentable for the average shooter. Some tricky reads needed on birds that looked easy, for example a r-l bunny along the top of a bank followed by l-r bunny. The r-l was just running straight along the bank but the l-r was just following the contour down meaning a a misread line put you way over the top of it.

A veritable whos who of dignitaries in the sporting clays world with Ms Hall and Easton, Big Ben, GD, our own Ed S and many others on show to marvel at and hopefully learn something from. Cheryl shooting a tremendous 97 to be HG when we left.

Finished up with an excellent burger and a suprise that my 73 was good enough to be in a 3 way tie for 2nd in C when we left :D only trailing a by 1. Still rueing the silly little ones that got away. Mrs Fuz ended on 44 which marked a good 5 clays higher than average weekend for her over 270 targets :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Results here http://southdowngunclub.co.uk/events-results/results/may-results/

In a 4 way tie for 3rd so pretty chuffed :cool: :D :cool:

Great shooting Mr Fuz.

Thanks for posting the winners link.

Any idea how the South East County Teams finished

Nice work fuz

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 using Board Express

Not sure mate, Oxon must have a good chance with Chris B up top and Matt Hance shot a reasonable low 90 I think.

Great days shooting if a little wet and muddy!

some nice long midis aswell to catch a few people out, dropped three of the rabbits after watching someone else in front of me shooting them late and trying to copy them,

rather than just shooting them crossing as i normaly would! never mind, that'll teach me to watch too closely!

still finished the sporting with an 88 and a 83 on the sportrap.

Nicely done Steve, C class sportrap? you little bandit :ph34r: :.:

Only because i shoot it once a year if that, and normaly badly when i do, was shooting it in Cheryl halls squad so was trying to keep up with her - no such luck!

Pure class :cool: :cool: .
I did show her the way on a tricky midi crosser followed by a trappy bird ;) thats just the kind of guy I am, help anyone out by letting them look over my shoulder :.: :.: Seriously good shooting tho!

Yes great shoot and even better shooting from Cheryl. I saw 96 as the winning scre round there- 97 was exceptional. Even if I didn't cock up the start of my round I don't think I'd have caught her.

Top bombing!

HI Ed

Nice meeting you again , as I said to you when Cheryl shoot the 100 straight that was exceptional ,as the next best was Chris Childerhouse with 95 I thought that was about right .I saw her after her last stand ,I asked her how she got on .She said I straighted it ,I replyed what the stand ,No the shoot I was gopsmacked.It just wasnt on, today wasnt really 97 either ,

Great shooting

Shaun

Made the journey down to Southdown for the 100 reg sporting SE Inters/England selection shoot. Was weeing with rain all the way down there but the forcast said clear from about 12. Found the ground quite easily and pulled into the carpark. Was a sea of mud which unfortunately due to the amount of rain weve had lately wasnt wholly unexpected.

Booked on and had a quick cup of coffee before heading out about 12 into the persistant drizzle. Damn you BBC weather!

Targets were a good mix, pretty much something for everyone. I thought it was quite a "technical" layout where hold points had to be thought about and spot on. A couple of big midis out there that needed some big lead but paired with a sensible other bird making all stands 50 percentable for the average shooter. Some tricky reads needed on birds that looked easy, for example a r-l bunny along the top of a bank followed by l-r bunny. The r-l was just running straight along the bank but the l-r was just following the contour down meaning a a misread line put you way over the top of it.

A veritable whos who of dignitaries in the sporting clays world with Ms Hall and Easton, Big Ben, GD, our own Ed S and many others on show to marvel at and hopefully learn something from. Cheryl shooting a tremendous 97 to be HG when we left.

Finished up with an excellent burger and a suprise that my 73 was good enough to be in a 3 way tie for 2nd in C when we left :D only trailing a by 1. Still rueing the silly little ones that got away. Mrs Fuz ended on 44 which marked a good 5 clays higher than average weekend for her over 270 targets :)
Shot Southdown on Sunday, weather not good, got to the rabbit stand for 97 with 3 stands to go, chap before had rabbits come towards him where mine had mixxi and were everywhere dropped 3 then the rot set in, stand 2 hydrolic hose went got cold and shot all over the place for 87, disappointed didnt hold it together :-( need Dr Clynt to smack me on the head to finish the stands of, even happened at longridge today last stand for 90+ easy going away bird but dropped 3, need counselling !!!!!!!!!

Give me his name too Chipper once you're sorted. :.: It sounds like you had a good round anyway but yes the last few stands can often cause aggro.

Latest posts

Back