Surrey Police using M25 Camera's.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken from west Mercia form.

post-230-0-10296200-1423386145.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150208_085755~2.jpg
    IMG_20150208_085755~2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
Speed awareness course income is used to further proliferate speed cameras !

Rather annoyingly/amusingly the DVLA had not registered my last three points as my paper licence had been adjusted by hand and the sheriff court made a clerical error ..therefor I had no points officially..I obviously told the police I had 3 on my shotgun application which they queried and then informed the DVLA who adjusted my points tally officially ...bummer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinker bell said:
Do a speed awareness course.
Can you not read. Post 23 above.

Speed awareness course NOT offered, I asked they said no, gave me a ticket. Barstewards.

You still have to tell your insurance as it is now on the renewal forms. So you get charged on your premiums.

So might as well take the £100 fine the three points and save £50 on the awareness charge of £150

`quote`;

It is about time the speed restrictions were increased anyway.

I assume you mean a higher limit,  i.e.  85 mph ?

or is that with a red flag bearer walking in front ?

:biggrin:

I suppose your all curious as to what got me the points I know Sweetie is.

Took wife and grandson to Brighton for the day. Parked in underground car park opposite burned out pier.

Climbed over two sleeping tramps in the subway from car park to sea front.

Had a great day till - by the big wheel at lunch time my 9 year old grandson asked me what the two men were doing! They were masturbating each other right by the main road. Mmm how do you answer that one.

Decided to go home at fourish I was in the car my wife was paying the car park with her card, the two tramps turned up, one tried to mug my wife the other was touching up my grandson.

That's was it I grabbed my wife and grandson an told them to go to main road just by the barrier while I sort out these two.

She would not go as she knew I would do them both in. ( two gold stripes on a black belt). They fuc*** of.

I got my wife and grandson in the car and left.

On driving out of Brighton I never saw policeman anywhere. I did not phone as did not want to further upset grandson.

Drove up A23 to M23 put my foot down, just wanted to get home, hit 90. Silver unmarked Audi nicked me.

Told them what had happed, they could not give a sh**.

Grandson upset that his grandad is back of police car. Stupid grandad.

So never going to Brighton again and the police down there are not worth a toss.

So there you have it.

£60 / 3pts.

Rosso! Your quite wrong none of us give a stuff, how you came by your points. No offence old chap.we just dont care.

Rosso, what a crap day, sorry to hear it. Also does for my argument in favour of real cops instead of cameras...

rosso, I feel the pain,,,,,, some snot nose kid with as much social grace and understanding as a bull elephant with his nuts in a vice.

hope they don't catch me,,i just got a forester,,,, :biggrin:

A driver is pulled over by a policeman. The police man approaches the driver’s door.

“Is there a problem Officer?”

The policeman says, “Sir, you were speeding. Can I see your licence please?”

The driver responds, “I’d give it to you but I don’t have one.”

“You don’t have one?”

The man responds, “I lost it four times for drink driving.”

The policeman is shocked. “I see. Can I see your vehicle registration papers please?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t do that.”

The policeman says, “Why not?”

“I stole this car.”

The officer says, “Stole it?”

The man says, “Yes, and I killed the owner.”

At this point the officer is getting irate. “You what!?”

“She’s in the boot if you want to see.”

The Officer looks at the man and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up. Within minutes, five police cars show up, surrounding the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

The senior officer says “Sir, could you step out of your vehicle please!”

The man steps out of his vehicle. “Is there a problem sir?”

“One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.”

“Murdered the owner?”

The officer responds, “Yes, could you please open the boot of your car please?”

The man opens the boot, revealing nothing but an empty boot.

The officer says, “Is this your car sir?”

The man says “Yes,” and hands over the registration papers.

The officer, understandably, is quite stunned. “One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving licence.”

The man digs in his pocket revealing a wallet and hands it to the officer. The officer opens the wallet and examines the licence. He looks quite puzzled. “Thank you sir, one of my officers told me you didn’t have a licence, stole this car, and murdered the owner.”

The man replies, “I bet you the lying bastard told you I was speeding, too!”

Rosso no offence mate but I don't see how doing 90 half an hour or more after nearly getting mugged is related at all! If anything you got away lightly. After all you were driving and letting your emotions get in the way of your better judgement.

Far too many people on the roads with their minds elsewhere ( both drivers and pedestrians )

I got done doing 48 in a 40 zone a couple of weeks ago, bloody Devon buggers hiding in a van with a camera on an empty syretch of road.

I'll go to the SAC ( £110, a tank of fuel and a day wasted ) and sit through it and chalk it up to not paying attention completely to the task at hand.

Of course on the drive to and from the SAC I'll see people tailgating, hogging the right lane, on their cell phones, not indicating and generally acting like total tw*ts and they'll all get away with it.

Ian - Just wanted to get home.

I did get away with it lightly as 90 was the average speed.

However I wanted to get away with it even more lightly. Like you did.

Got myself a Road Angel camera and laser detector, also advises where mobile camera units are hiding.

You are correct I let my emotions get the better of me. It happens.

Still saves me £400 a year by not going to Brighton any more.

Just seen on the news the ones from kent round to junc 8 there is an urgent review and they're looking to paint them yellow! some appeals coming their way I would imagine!

To be fair you can't miss the fecking things! I've driven through them everyday for the past year with no problems!

I attended a SAC course recently (48 in a 40) and found it most entertaining and informative.

Personally I believe that it would be advantageous for all drivers to attend the SAC after 20 years of driving as a refresher of the HWC. The amount of drivers I see every day doing 50 on a 60mph road (because they think that 50 is the limit) is staggering! This is brought about by the LA's apparent widespread down grading of 60's to 50's on the grounds of reducing accidents. Warwickshire are the worst as ther are hardly any 60's left in the county but Staffordshire are going the same way!! They seem incapable of reducing limits locally where there have been incidents so drop the limit for the whole stretch of road! Tossers!

And breath

DT

Clearly, if the limits are sufficiently reduced the speeds will drop to a point where deaths will nearly cease to be a statistic.  How can anyone argue with that logic?

Especially since citation revenues will commensurately increase and so it's good for everybody, innit?

Latest posts

Back