The Big Question 1 - Whose breakfast is best?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Right - after all the controversy of previous weeks and days, I want to find out about the really thorny questions in Clay Shooting.

Whose Breakfast is Best?

Later this year, I'm going to present 'The ShootClay Breakfast Award 2012' to the ground that produces the best breakfast products to keep shooters going for a whole morning of pulling the trigger.

To start the process - I'm looking for the mighty Forum to speak first and help me with nominations, between us, we must cover a lot of the Shooting Grounds in the UK, and pretty much all of them manage a bacon sandwich and a coffee before you get out on Stand/Peg 1. We NEED to know who is the best. When I have your nominations, I'll make a shortlist - then I'll run a proper poll and we'll find a winner.

All I need from you, is the name of the Ground and why you are nominating them for 'The ShootClay Breakfast Award 2012' - I'll do the rest, and share the shortlist at the end of August, when we'll kick off the voting for this prestigious award.

For inspiration - here is one I prepared earlier...

bacon-sandwich.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cadley used to do excellent bacon rolls, because they properly GRILLED the bacon. None of the frying pan rubbish. Sadly Cadley is no more..

Newbold is fairly good, but nowhere stunning springs to mind. Maybe Wylye is narrowly in front?

Grange farm, with the cake to finish. Pow!

For me the best breakfast has got to be Dartford Shooting Ground, no cash and carry fayre here, all sourced from local sources and very good value, a couple of options depending on how hungry you are :) and always friendly efficient service :) They also do excellent burgers post shoot or for breakfast late morning if you would prefer ;)

Tied in second has to be Owls Lodge, Wylye Valley and Four Counties there would maybe a clay or two between all 3 in the shootoff for a very close second :)

I'm not going to comment on the bottom end of the scale ;)

Jon.

Ah.. Had forgotten the Crazy Bear. Produce from the farm in buns, cooked on the BBQ. And you can get a mean pie from the farm shop to have for lunch too.

Wyle is awesome breakfast, really good quality and resonably priced. Off to Dartford this weekend, if JonSkeetAdmin's nomination is anything to go by I may need to change my vote :D

Deep fried sausage at Kegworth, with deep fried bacon, egg, and toast.

Washed down with a deep fried coffee. :yell:

Excrement...... :blink:

Barby Sporting do the best grub by a mile. They're a bar and restaurant as well. Breakfast is massive but my favourite is the chicken curry, it's the dogs left dangly!!

I never have the full breakfast at any ground, but it's extremely rare to not see bangers made from ground-up teeth and ears, wrapped in a condom. The last FITASC at Weston Wood had some very decent bangers but I only tried a couple as they were free (sorry).

No nomination from me. I tend to take my own food, although that's usually only a banana or two.

Ma & Pa's house, 07:30am on a shoot Sunday. Eggs collected fresh that morning. Bacon and sausages produced on the farm. Amazing. I even recently made black pudding. Not a great success.

Another vote for Orston.

If can eat all of the breakfast you sure as hell will feel too bloated to shoot a 100 birder!!

Vic.

What we need now is an 'expert' on the relationship between large meals and sporting performance or any other performance come to that, 'nudge,nudge,wink,wink', to enlighten us.

Vic.

Latest posts

Back