The Rapid Rabbit!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Smallbore target comps with prize money are the exception nowadays. My club has however run a competition every Easter for years. We shot it today and it comprised an English match which is 60 shots at 50 metres which is also the Olympic qualifying shoot competition. We then add a twist to that by having a ten shot timed shoot at 50 metres in 90 seconds. The prize for getting the 100 maximum score this year was £500! The target is a standard 50 metre smallbore paper target superimposed on a cartoon rabbit. The rifles are of course single shot, bolt action target rifles of .22 rim fire calibre using iron aperture sights, not telescopic sights!

This year I got the the prize for being the closest and dropped 4 points, scoring 96 out of 100.

I doubt it will ever be won as it's been going over 20 years and nobody has done it yet but we all enjoy trying. One day it might be flat calm with no wind and then someone might win the £500!

My prize was a Sainsburys finest large chocolate rabbit and that was fine with me. I didn't get close on the English match but did well on the timed shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back