The shotgun factor.. the final shoot off ;)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with a Beretta... everyone has their own preferences.

I like most guns, very little in them really when it comes to finding one that works for you but can't help noticing mental value. :)

Hi All, I have been looking to switch back to an OU from an auto and tried god knows how many and have basically gotten down to the final couple of contenders. As per a previous thread I was considering a Ceasar Guerini but after research really have no confidence in the reliability to take the punishment of 15k shells a year or more without breakdowns. So the final list is narrowed down as follows: 1, Kriegoff K80 Pro-Rib Sporter 32"2, Blaser F3 Pro Rib Sporter 32"There would have been a 3 which is Kola Arms but virtually impossible to get in the UK. As yet I haven't had the chance to try the Blaser but have read great things and will need to try one a few times back to back to compare. The Kriegoff I have been fortunate to try on a few occasions in both 30" and 32" and I know I will be able to get fitted companion tubes in .410, 20 and 28ga for shooting NSSA skeet. This isn't going to be a quick decision but I want to get what I want, wood, engraving etc. I know it makes sod all difference to how it shoots but the winner will be for life but also a significant investment. Any advice on either gun welcomed :) Cheers, Jon.
Jon any reason why you want to spend so much money on a gun for competition shooting?

If it is going to be a long term investment and you have the money then fair play!!!

Can't help thinking the guns you have mentioned really do take some time to learn to shoot and not neccessarily suit everyone!

I was offered my dads Krieghoff to shoot a few times and potentially have however I just could not get on with it, In the end I just excepted that my old Browning was probably going to be my sole mate on clays. Hence I bought a very similar gun out here in Germany to use aswell. Had a look at the new 727 on the Browning stand and to be honest for that money I rather by a good second hand 525! It did really look cheap to me and not much different to look at apart from them trying to copy a foreend style of the K80 but even then they did not succeed! If I had a rake of cash burning a hole in my pocket then I probably would treat myself to a top end one with some nice wood on it. Had a look at the F3's at the shooting show out here on the weekend and they didn't do that much for me! I have shot a DT10 32 inch before and I liked that felt good and I shot that pretty well in the future I may consider something along those lines.

I would just take a step back and make sure you are absolutely sure before parting with a lot of money. I have seen it so many times when somebody has spent a hefty amount on the gun of their dreams only to have it back on the shelf 6months later. Just make sure you don't do anything you may regret later!

Cheers Glen,

I have shot the K80 several times but in the end decided against buying any of them for a couple of years.

My Al391 has now been fitted for me and I really get on with it so sticking with it and learning to shoot.

I have re-assigned the cash to having a garageworkshop and utility room built :)

Ultimately I have a setup that I'm mentally happy with, gun, fit, choke, cartridges and glasses etc. I know if the clay doesn't break it's down to one factor.. me which means I need to learn to read the targets, mental approach having a system and developing techniques which work for me :)

Jon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wise words.On the pigs tomorrow Glen send some pics.Good result in the footy.

Cough cough.... Kolar.....cough cough.....

I'll be coming to the UK next summer with two of em if you wanna shoot one for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back