tight patterning ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

been told gureni shotguns chokes pattern tight, mate said 1/4 3/8 is ample to shoot most sporting grounds, obviously there are many variables to that remark, but generally anyone agree?      

I used to use LM in both barrels with mine, broke everthing i pointed it at with F Blacks. Sporting. skeet and trap along with pigeon shooting. I know a couple of lads that had aftermarket chokes and they both reverted back to those supplied with the gun.

been told gureni shotguns chokes pattern tight, mate said 1/4 3/8 is ample to shoot most sporting grounds, obviously there are many variables to that remark, but generally anyone agree?      
I agree and so do several other CG owners I've asked in the past.

I can only comment on the summit ascent I had some years ago and I did pattern it. Every choke after a 1/4 was a really tight pattern and about the same. I shot it successfully with skeet and a 1/4 for sporting. Only got rid of it because it started having mechanical problems. 

I think you need to spend a little time on the pattern plate just to put your mind at rest, you don't want to have any doubts creeping into your mind 👍
agreed, its ok shooting practice rounds, but come reg competitions dare i shoot open chokes?    having said that  i have returned to B class so i guess i should give it a go!! 

I've heard it said by a few people that shoot c and g that they pattern tight. I also feel that beretta pattern tight as well. I shoot 1/4 and 1/4 90% of the time and its far exceeded my capability. Good sporting scores aren't made by hitting a couple of targets at 60 yards, there made up of shooting the other 95% of the targets that 1/4 is plenty good enough for.

There is no common ground with guns had clients with all brands some lose some tight. 

choke regulation from gun to gun varies massively along with shell. If 

I have a summit ascent. Lm / M will powder clays on a sporting course.  Probably too tight. Skeet and 1/4 will handle most sporting targets too. Geurini's hit hard 👊

Back