WestonWood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Should be my first visit to WestonWood this Sunday, it's 40 mins from my front door so pretty close, but will admit I need a "be brave" pill for Steve Lovatts offerings as all bar once they've usually kicked my bum, I'll be with Stew Keen, well I'll be the timid one hiding behind him that is.

Should be my first visit to WestonWood this Sunday, it's 40 mins from my front door so pretty close, but will admit I need a "be brave" pill for Steve Lovatts offerings as all bar once they've usually kicked my bum, I'll be with Stew Keen, well I'll be the timid one hiding behind him that is.
it's usually a bit nicer going than my last few experiences of Westfield.. A good shoot. Not easy but sensible.

it's also nice to walk around as well.

It's a lovely ground that I really enjoy shooting, but it's an hour and a half away from home and none of the guys I shoot with are willing to travel that far so I always shoot it on my own. I'm tempted to make the journey but I will see how I feel on the day.

I'd join you but Lovatts targets, 40 mph winds and rain showers after a 2 1/2 hour drive ......... nah. Think I'll stay home and sample some mince pies! :)

I'd join you but Lovatts targets, 40 mph winds and rain showers after a 2 1/2 hour drive ......... nah. Think I'll stay home and sample some mince pies! :)
That was my conclusion re last weekend, but tomorrow looks dry and 16mph. Still Steves targets though. ?

I can't decide whether to head to Weston Wood or Podimore I'm central to the two in Wilts. Decisions decisions! could be less wind at Weston Wood bit more sheltered, Podimore is very exposed?

Think I'll stay home and sample some mince pies! :)
You won't fit into that Santa suit if you do!

Tomorrow at Polowood, 3 x separate Compak layouts. Every fortnight. (no prizes)

Unfortunately, its 4x4 all the way in or 2x2 to the farm cottages and a 10 min walk or 15 if all dressed in red! Not nice if you forget something but great targets on the South Downs.

Polowood Clay Pigeon Shooting
St Mary's Farm
Ridge Road
Falmer
Brighton
BN1 9PN

www.claypigeonshootingbrighton.co.uk

You won't fit into that Santa suit if you do!

Tomorrow at Polowood, 3 x separate Compak layouts. Every fortnight. (no prizes)

Unfortunately, its 4x4 all the way in or 2x2 to the farm cottages and a 10 min walk or 15 if all dressed in red! Not nice if you forget something but great targets on the South Downs.

Polowood Clay Pigeon Shooting
St Mary's Farm
Ridge Road
Falmer
Brighton
BN1 9PN

www.claypigeonshootingbrighton.co.uk
Sounds like a plan! Might join you if I get this software to a reasonable point. will have to walk up though!

XC Weather says the wind will drop around mid-morning for Podimore so fingers crossed.

whilst I am very successful at being dreadful everywhere, one was under the impression that your major expense and travel saw a rapid rise to B class and was soon to be augmented by a similar rise into A, is being selective in shooting where and when the stepping stone? 

I doubt it Rich. In just short of two years I have shot a lot of places from gloucestershire to sufolk and the south east. Got a couple of hammerings at owls and westfield ( but fitasc, sportasc not esp ) but done well at horne. Scores all over have ranged from a 45 a couple of months ago to an 86 two weeks ago.

if anything I tend to take on stuff that others shy away from. Even tempted to visit dubai and South Africa on the excuse of holidays. Definately will do the stuff in France as it's close to me next summer. All part of the fun!

Sounds like a plan! Might join you if I get this software to a reasonable point. will have to walk up though!
I've arranged a lift Ian..........meet in the yard by 9.30am and Gary will pick us up. 10.00am kick off so coffee and a chat first ;)

Weston was a great course. Didn't even need a coat, it was almost mild.

The targets were good. Nothing horrible but a good few proper long targets which I felt I had not shot for a while. I was rubbish to start with just throwing stuff away for no reason. I missed the third pair only on three stands! Plus over leading several sitters. I recovered at the end to rescue an 83 but I suspect there is a 95 HG out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Weston is probably my favorite shooting ground now*. Ignoring the scores, I'm quite content missing a bird 3 or 4 times in a row as long as I get it on the last pair. Weston never seems to be too crazy tricky so as to not allow that sort of self learning on a stand. You know you are shooting some tricky targets which makes it all the better when you hit them.

Another great day, Steve. I believe birthday wishes are in order as well?! I must have arrived a bit too late for some cake.

*Let's just ignore today's scores! It's been a little while since I picked up the gun.

Early up, brave pill(s) taken and a lift in a very smart new shiny 4x4 from Stew Keen, friendly greeting from the birthday boy Steve Lovatt, in a merry Gang of Four, myself Stew, Tiptop and our Kev, off we trooped, I managed two threes on first three stands which didn't bode well, kept lid on normal sulky behaviour kept plodding away then on last four stands dropped just 3 ex 36 to finish on 72, a PB on a SL course by a country mile, me the DT10 and new glasses still work in progress but I'd bitten your hand off for a 70+ before I'd started ( C class mind).

Got a bit excited on stand 1, straighted it turned round full beaming smile, Paul  Batchelor says "very well shot" and I'd walked past without thanking him, I did so later, he ended on 97 which was leading when I left.

Very pleasant day, nice to see a lot of 'friends" out, sorry not to have said hello to them all, did try and find Steve Lovatts birthday cake, never did, 

oh, sorry RDP but still think Windrush is a "prettier" ground 

A very enjoyable morning with Mr Lovatt having a birthday smile. (or was it wind from eating the cake?)

I told you that a 7 was on the front for you today Mr Moreing. Well done and a good recovery from a rocky start.

One of the quicker rounds at WW today. Only 2 stands with slight queues. Very dry underfoot as well, considering the rain lately.

I watched Mr Batchelor on 3 stands today. Very smooth, machine like and nice to watch. Got his form back, well shot.

Good steady shoot, lots of faces from this forum and well shot Jase Mclean. Isn't it about time you buggered off into AA? ha ha

Stew

Early up, brave pill(s) taken and a lift in a very smart new shiny 4x4 from Stew Keen, friendly greeting from the birthday boy Steve Lovatt, in a merry Gang of Four, myself Stew, Tiptop and our Kev, off we trooped, I managed two threes on first three stands which didn't bode well, kept lid on normal sulky behaviour kept plodding away then on last four stands dropped just 3 ex 36 to finish on 72, a PB on a SL course by a country mile, me the DT10 and new glasses still work in progress but I'd bitten your hand off for a 70+ before I'd started ( C class mind).

Got a bit excited on stand 1, straighted it turned round full beaming smile, Paul  Batchelor says "very well shot" and I'd walked past without thanking him, I did so later, he ended on 97 which was leading when I left.

Very pleasant day, nice to see a lot of 'friends" out, sorry not to have said hello to them all, did try and find Steve Lovatts birthday cake, never did, 

oh, sorry RDP but still think Windrush is a "prettier" ground 
I've only been shooting a few months so haven't had the pleasure of Windrush yet. I'm looking forward to shooting there in January!

Weston Wood didn't disappoint as usual, perfect conditions, no rain, wind was minimal and there were some great testing stands set. It also wasn't rammed so little queuing. 

My first result in B class and scored 89/100 so quite happy with that. Still kicking myself for missing the others though! ? It was a top day, thanks to Steve ?? Looking forward to more of the same and improving in 2016.

Latest posts

Back