WestonWood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weston Wood didn't disappoint as usual, perfect conditions, no rain, wind was minimal and there were some great testing stands set. It also wasn't rammed so little queuing. 

My first result in B class and scored 89/100 so quite happy with that. Still kicking myself for missing the others though! ? It was a top day, thanks to Steve ?? Looking forward to more of the same and improving in 2016.
Fantastic score. What were you in before? A class? :)

no disrespect to anyone, but...going by the scores, across ALL the classes, it could not have been a very testing set of targets!!! I'm sure someone will disagree...
Well if you were there you could make an observation, which you would be very welcome to, however, as you were not, you can only assume and study the scores and wonder how well you would have done? Maybe you would have scored 100 as it was so easy?? No disrespect. I found it a challenging, well balanced enjoyable layout, and I've put in a lot of work and time to improve over the past year. Maybe you should go to the next one of Steve Lovatt's shoots and then we'll all see how you get on. I can see you don't call yourself Darkside for nothing as clearly that's the side you prefer to look on! ??

If you were happy with sticking some lead on, you should get round it well but anybody not used to doing that would trip up. I watched Julian Morris and John Kendall only hit 1 of the long targets on two stands. And they ARE used to it.

There is a great group of talent that goes there, making some high scores. A big entry always puts in high class wins too, as somebody having a good day is inevitable. I thought it was good and not what I would ever call an easy shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next two highest scores from respectable names were 94's so the winner had a really good day, it happens. I'm not really sure what we're supposed to do, make shoots so stiff that mid 80's become the norm for highest score ? Well then rest assured the midfielders who make the shoots viable won't enjoy it (despite the bravado you see posted on the odd really stiff layout) and they'll slowly trickle off elsewhere. 

You just have to accept that there is a lot of talent out there and all it takes is a couple or three getting it all together on the day. The talk at the club house is nearly always about the easy ones we let slip.  :wink:

James isn't as gruff as he comes over.  He just forgets to use smilies and yes sometimes he is blunt but he is a Scottish farmer ? and James I take exception, it wasn't easy and on certain stands I did better than some AAA and AA.

My first result in B class and scored 89/100 so quite happy with that.
Watch yourself Pete............going back 4 or 5 years I did only one reg that season............89 and into AAA

Took me two years to get back down to A............It became a bit of a joke to keep seeing my name last on the AAA and AA score board! :clover:

Watch yourself Pete............going back 4 or 5 years I did only one reg that season............89 and into AAA

Took me two years to get back down to A............It became a bit of a joke to keep seeing my name last on the AAA and AA score board! :clover:
Hi Simbo, thanks for the advice, I will be shooting registered weekly if I can, so there won't be holding back or any sand bagging ? I genuinely want to learn and improve and the only way to do that is shoot 2/3 times a week and get to as many registered shoots as possible. No if I ever get to the dizzy heights of AAA it will be because I've worked for it, you'll never know if you don't try ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
James isn't as gruff as he comes over.  He just forgets to use smilies and yes sometimes he is blunt but he is a Scottish farmer ? and James I take exception, it wasn't easy and on certain stands I did better than some AAA and AA.
Sain, you only really had one bad stand, turn that stand around and you'd have been mid 70's, well shot!!!

Sain, you only really had one bad stand, turn that stand around and you'd have been mid 70's, well shot!!!
Thank you but James are you saying that my score shows it was easier ? because I have been improving lately you know ?

no disrespect to anyone, but...going by the scores, across ALL the classes, it could not have been a very testing set of targets!!! I'm sure someone will disagree...
*disclaimer...I never said it was easy, I said it was not "very testing"...I've shot a reasonable amount of Steves targets, BUT...I've only ever shot his targets at 'big' shoots...British GP FITASC (in the wind) 2x Troy foods FITASC, 2x British Sporting Champs at Garlands 2x Classic Sporting...I shot around my Scottish average at all those shoots and never thought I really did any of them justice...there wasn't average scores at any of those shoots as high as the average Weston Woods scores from Sunday. Hence...not 'very testing'... :D

Thank you but James are you saying that my score shows it was easier ? because I have been improving lately you know ?
ha ha...NO, skeet targets are easy, it is not easy to hit 100 skeet!!! Even on more steady targets, the skill is actually building a big score, not just being able to hit them. You are improving and that's great to see!!! :D

Latest posts

Back