What are you drinking?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

Drambuie..............Christmas has arrived!

Happy Xmas friends

Was making Long Island Ice Tea's last night and feeling a bit rough today. I've always liked LIIT's but never realised what goes in to them; Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Triple Sec, Lime, Lemon and coke. 5 different spirits! Might stick to the Speckled Hen tonight.

had hip flask with me on doggie walk in countryside this afternoon with a cheeky little number ..... Scotch and cranberry juice ?

haven't got any in fact I have never tried it. I see the guns enjoying a snifter but it doesn't get passed to lowly beaters in fact it didn't get passed when I have been loading ?

Sloe gin is great. Lidl was doing a bottle for 6.99 that was perfectly drinkable. 

Foxdenton stuff is good if you fancy splashing out. 

ips you must try harder with the sloe gin, beg if you have to.

It is very much the snifter of choice for the outdoor person. I shall raise a small glass of the stuff on your behalf tomorrow. 

Today had Jim Beam in the hip flask for us hardy beaters,also had Sloe Gin and Port at lunch. Home to a bottle of real Ale and red wine with the evening meal.

ips you cant possibly have been anywhere near a shoot and not tried Sloe Gin! Without Sloe Gin there would be no game shooting. 

Will be having a small glass of my home brewed sloe gin and/or damson vodka at some stage over the festive period.  Yummy

ips you must try harder with the sloe gin, beg if you have to.

It is very much the snifter of choice for the outdoor person. I shall raise a small glass of the stuff on your behalf tomorrow. 
why thank you sir ?

Today had Jim Beam in the hip flask for us hardy beaters,also had Sloe Gin and Port at lunch. Home to a bottle of real Ale and red wine with the evening meal.

ips you cant possibly have been anywhere near a shoot and not tried Sloe Gin! Without Sloe Gin there would be no game shooting. 
port seems to be the drink of choice for beaters at both my shoots, maybe its a northern thing ?

Ips are there any blackthorn hedges on the shoots you go to ?  If there are you could pick your own sloes and make your own sloe gin or sloe vodka   :drinks:  quite easy to make if you can resist sampling the batch before it's quite ready  :laugh:

um, not even sure I know what a blackthorn hedge looks like, apart from the obvious ?

we will have a butchers enroute on Monday you can point one out. ?

port seems to be the drink of choice for beaters at both my shoots, maybe its a northern thing ?
You need to get on a civilised shoot Old Man   !

um, not even sure I know what a blackthorn hedge looks like, apart from the obvious ?

we will have a butchers enroute on Monday you can point one out. ?
You may struggle with that one, we have very few as we have a shortage of cattle (you do not need them to contain spuds and veg !). I used to get mine from the Wirral when I went picking up. We have loads of Hawthorne, although I have never made gin with it !

westley said:

You may struggle with that one, we have very few as we have a shortage of cattle (you do not need them to contain spuds and veg !). I used to get mine from the Wirral when I went picking up. We have loads of Hawthorne, although I have never made gin with it !

Forgot to say that I am drinking Kings Ginger and very nice it is too !

Forgot to say that I am drinking Kings Ginger and very nice it is too !
Me too, washed down with a glass or two of bollinger nv... xmas chores complete!

Latest posts

Back