What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot 5 drives on a “ Driven Clay Day “ .  Around 250 cartridges . We were a 3 man team and we “ stuffed “ for each other . The targets were high and fast and we had a thoroughly enjoyable day . It’s quite amazing that once you stop trying too hard and just trust your instinct you can pull off some superb shots . 

I’d recommend these days to anyone who feels a bit jaded with the local weekend  club “same old same old etc “!
Sim driven are great , i help run them with a keeper mate out of season. The only problem is it's difficult to tell who hit what 😁

Bought a hat - three quid it cost me, THREE QUID! ..cost of shooting is ridiculous these days only the other week I had to pay 12 for a jacket, I bet guns are well over 100 quid by now..

• Haha
Reactions: ips
Been busy with some renovation work on a Bowman trap my pal and myself bought for a bit of fun. It has been left out in the rain a little bit too long, it will however be spot on in a very short while.

Phil

Reactions: ips
Loaded 230 receivers into the truck for delivery and installation at a ground in Germany! Ground will eventually have nearly 300 traps!

Wrote some *more* software for the base station monitoring the whole lot. ( battery voltages, cycle times, carousel levels, who's on the ground etc ). 

Excited to get it all up and running this coming week!

I went for a lesson with Joe Neville.

Great experience and within a few clays he was working on my obvious problems.  Walked back to the car feeling much more confident about my shooting.  Well we will see how much better when I next visit the local ground?

A follow on from a couple of days ago regarding the Bowman trap my pal and myself brought back to life. God knows how long it stood out in all weathers but we bought it anyway.

BEFORE

Then a little welding, rip off the badly rusted seat, remove as much rust as possible, remove the arms and replace the rubber strips along with the teal plates/springs, polish the arms, paint the entire unit including main spring, change nuts n bolts where possible and finally with a new aluminium seat base and seat cushion from some gym kit ....................... DONE

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Booked a squad time for

1) Sportrap at Barbury 10th April

2) Compak at Owls 16th April

oh and both start times are such that one will still get enough work done that pays enough to interest HMRC 

Sold my pimped up Mossberg pump 😢. However It was a pleasure to see the smiles on  faces of the nice young guys who bought it , as they walloped half a box of Victory 35gms down our  field  ( bang clack , bang clack , bang clack ) , in a try before you buy .    I’d defy any one to shoot a 24” pump and not grin like a Cheshire Cat . 

I’m now set to eBay a lot of excess Fly and Big Game fishing stuff with the object of clearing out the toy box ,and ending up with some readies towards  a nice  side by side or perhaps a 20 bore O/U as my carry more than shoot piece . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Went had a look at a 30” Beretta 690 black edition which seemed to fit me pretty well 👌🏻 

Latest posts

Back