What sort of terain and paths should ESP majors be on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sympathy with disabled people like everyone else, to me though, you have to also be realistic as to what is /is not possible. lots (most?) sports and past-times are available to the disadvantaged,, whether wheelchair or any other impairment. I do imagine some things are a bit out of reach,,,mountaineering, skiing, mountain biking, etc. as far as I`m concerned the main problem with participation in sporting is mobility,, mostly because of terrain, and conditions, mud,  especially ! (UK is not known as Mud Island for nothing !! )

if its dry, well maybe go for it. however, there is other disciplines available,, sportstrap, compak, 5 stand (?) skeet,  trap, trench, helix, ,,,all easy access, usually on concrete  stands, with a roof ! bloody spoilt in fact.! 

totally unfair to expect a SG to make provision for  not that many people who may or may not participate. many grounds you cannot drive into the carpark,,much less get wheelchairs around 14 stands on a hilly terrain in the rain !

my opinion of course, no intension to p!55 anyone off.

Tinker bell said:
This guy is pretty hand to on that gradient of slope...toooooooo
wlad88.jpg
Having my first go at that in aprill,could get painful.

couldn't agree more  tinker,,,but not for all disabled FOLK.

I'm afraid  being clever with a chirp like that is your style , true story,,  we all used to it.

perhaps Deerstalker will agree with you, but I doubt it. here we are talking about access to a sporting ground  for the average shooter, which has now gone  to a `discussion ` about disabled access.

on a personal level, you may remember I am in full support of  disabled shooters , please focus on the discussion in hand , and keep your smart comments to the joke section.

I imagine most people would agree with this Garwood. But the question [to my mind] is, who's meant to pay?
No need to pay anything if a established ground is used.

Again the thing im trying to understand is do esp shooters want virgin ground or established ground for a major given the good and bad points.

From what is in board minutes it looks like the board thinks you all want virgin type ground.

couldn't agree more tinker,,,but not for all disabled FOLK.

I'm afraid being clever with a chirp like that is your style , true story,, we all used to it.

perhaps Deerstalker will agree with you, but I doubt it. here we are talking about access to a sporting ground for the average shooter, which has now gone to a `discussion ` about disabled access.

on a personal level, you may remember I am in full support of disabled shooters , please focus on the discussion in hand , and keep your smart comments to the joke section.
No idea what this means. Did You See Same post I Did ?

The problem here is I have been spoilt for the last 20 years by shooting at Orston Shooting Ground, 13 years as an abled body person and 7 as a disabled person . level ground ,pathways ,regulation shooting cages with fixed bottoms which don't move when you stand in them proper disabled toilets good catering facilities and targets of excellent quality ,hard standing carpak and no litter . Run in a proper way as it should be .

This is only 9 miles from my front door , within 50 miles I also have Grange Farm ,Kegworth ,Kibworth,Northampton ,Bedford ,Normanton, Nottingham and District , smaller grounds like cockets Farm ,Gobbolds Park, Sinclares, Glen Bank ,Muston Haven Bank Crowland , all these grounds are accessible for disabled shooters so why is it so hard for the CPSA to get it right for the British or English open sporting.

If they are happy to have me as a disabled member then it's only right that the competitions are set so that I can get around them .

In this day and age a risk assessment should be done on every stand of a major competition for health and safety reasons this should be the CPSA's responsibility as its "their competition "not the course setter Too much about the cash incentive rather than the quality of the competition that's the problem .

Totally agree could not agree more with tinks last post

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back