When to remove slip?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, over the shoulder is not good. Had a few knocks from 6ft plus guys who turn around without looking!
Surely their guns would go over your head? Don't forget I know how tall you are now!    :sarcastic:

Have to admit i'm an over-the-shoulder-beretta-holder...

I think there's a 12 step program to sign up to somewhere 

Has nobody heard of the CPSA Safety Comittee recommended "T" position - the safe way to hold and protect your gun in company?   Tut! Tut! Tut!   :sarcastic:

Has nobody heard of the CPSA Safety Comittee recommended "T" position - the safe way to hold and protect your gun in company?   Tut! Tut! Tut!   :sarcastic:
I am an expert at this :)  I find it hurts my wrist and forearm.

I am an expert at this :)  I find it hurts my wrist and forearm.
Mine too! It is awkward, fairly impractical and I never use it myself, but I have too much respect for my gun to be waving it around at shoulder height with people passing by me. So many times I've seen the gun knocked off the shoulder normally bouncing off someones's head first before it crashes to the ground.

It worries me almost as much as the old gameshooters that carry their guns closed as they say it strains the hinge to carry it open. They're always unloaded though, so that alright then??????  :fie:

Sian

i have attracted many strays in my time.

Insert wink thing cant do one on mobile

It takes many years for a trap shooter to perfect the over the shoulder method.

But i have to say those weirdos that do it stock forward want banning either do it right or slip it, ruddy amatuers

I did not just hurt my wrist and forearm, I now need bloody glasses too !

Can any of the over the shoulder brigade give me one justifiable reason for leaving the gunslip in the car, at a sporting shoot ? Guns in clubhouses are a definite NO.

P.S. Spotted at a recent shoot at Hodnet.......................unslipped, closed gun leaning against wall in the eating area. Left there by someone who should have known better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wes

rest assured i shall abide by the slip etiquette and any other weird and wonderful sporting related rules.

However for trap i reserve the right to shoulder :)

I agree with everything you say regarding guns in club house etc

Really ?

How very novel. So very sociable this sporting mallarkey then ?

Wow didnt realise I had asked a question that would cause such debate. Got to admit my slip stayed in the car while at West Kent today.

Could have been worse you could have mentioned poi or poa

Gunsite last Sunday, a lady with her gun broken over her shoulder also holding her partners gun butt resting on foot with gun closed and barrels pointing up under her chin. Done with such confidence that the gun must certainly have been clear, hopefully. Given a wide berth just in case.

Latest posts

Back