Where to go this weekend?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscottsmith1234

Going out for a blast this weekend...... cant decide where though,

Weston wood, Newbold or Sporting Targets?

Fancy a challenge so was thinking about Newbold

Any other ideas? :???:

love newbold it is a superb place to shoot . usually testing but with a good variety of targets. in particular the ones in the railway cutting , way below your feet are good and usually a long looper or the like in the field. however mrs jasper loves weston wood .so what to do??? might try shuggy . haven't been since its been "under new management"

Fuzz , without wishing to be rude why would you wanna shoot esp at a flat , bland , boring northampton when you have the wood and newbold within striking distance????? northampton is okay for skeet and dtl etc.

yep st dials is good too . 4got about that. will be tough tho, Mr H wants to keep his hands on the accumulator kash :D :D :D :D :D

or if you fancy a change fuzzy St Dials near monmouth is on this sunday
The missus wants to shoot Sunday but doesnt fancy 100 sporting so Northampton is perfect, reg sporting for me and she can go shoot some practice skeet and dtl, why is anyones guess but it would be boring if we understood the fairer sex ;)

No competetive shooting on Sunday for me now as I have no gun :( But on the upside I found a sporting forend for my mk38 today and its in the shop being fitted :) so should nestle nicely in my girly hands for next weekend :lol:

Might have a pop at the local straw baler with my auto if I feel the urge otherwise a lazy beer fueled sunday with the GP and an afternoon snooze :)

Just got back from De Wildenberg.

Managed a 25,24,25 and a 19 for a 93ex100.

The last layout!!! What a hard one!!! One particular target got me big time managed to get on it after though so learnt something today. I also learnt it is key to mop up the easier birds! Big learning curve today!

Won the shoot by 1 target. Felt like I was going to produce a massive score today but in the end managed to hang in there thank god.

Think I beat myself up a bit too much about the 19 so I went back and watched three squads shoot it, and anyone shooting 20+ on there had done well which made me feel better. It proved also to be the case at the end that it was by far the hardest layout with not that many in the 20's and no straights at all.

Off to buy a Browning 725 now! ..................maybe not! ;-)

No competetive shooting on Sunday for me now as I have no gun :( But on the upside I found a sporting forend for my mk38 today and its in the shop being fitted :) so should nestle nicely in my girly hands for next weekend :lol:

Might have a pop at the local straw baler with my auto if I feel the urge otherwise a lazy beer fueled sunday with the GP and an afternoon snooze :)
Pleased the Ian Coley Gunshop was able to help you out...

Yep while Mrs Fuz was out on her lesson I was wandering round the gunshop and there it was sitting in a cabinet with some other stocks and forends :D Good lesson for her by the way Gary sorted out some issues with her, Just hope my guns ready for my lesson next weekend!

Ended up at newbold, fairly steady 84, few silly mistakes - thats life!

Didnt find it as tough as normal there, not sure if it was due to the targets or actualy down to shooting the ground a few times now ?

Newbold seems to be funny like that, 1 shoot is mangeable the next is tough as old boots :( any idea what the scores were?

Unfortunatly, no scores were up when i finished, will have to have a look once the cpsa scores are up on the net, cant imagine it would be less then 94 ish high gun? i dropped 5 or 6 silly things so would have thaught there will be a few 90's

lots of big names there too.!! didn't think it was easy by any means. not many gimmees. lots of angles . a more technical layout i thought but still with a few "big" targets. enjoyed it.

sscottsmith

maybe you are getting used to the place. lets see what bloxham, childerhouse, hendrick, etc shoot there.

micky rouse for world champ. :)

I've took some video so I'll get it uploaded soon hopefully.

Latest posts

Back